Thread: When I sync my Blackberry Curve, Birthday changes by a day with apple address book

When I sync my Blackberry Curve, Birthday changes by a day with apple address book

Every time I sync my Blackberry Curve all the way through my Apple Address Book (Mac OS X), birthdays date change by a day in apple address book. They are precise on the Blackberry, nevertheless only for a day in your address book. Even when I unchecked some contacts during synchronization, all the birthdays still change. So far, I'm going to change it manually again, but it is very frustrating. Both devices are configured for the same zone. Any suggestions?

Re: When I sync my Blackberry Curve, Birthday changes by a day with apple address book

So maybe a solution for you with the "day" trouble: You must turn on MAC address book "enable time zone support" option .What I usually do is take concern of my contacts on the Mac and the signing of my birthday calendar for iCal all entries in the Address Book birthday also establish in the address book as a birthday calendar independently.

Then I sync calendars for both the bb. That works pretty well with some minor problems / major:
    • In the summer all the birthdays are not all the day's events, which are 1 hour late, so I starting from 01:00 to 01:00 am the next day
    • Add a contact in the BB with a birthday, a birthday is reoccurring calendar settings in the bb, after synchronization back to the Mac I acquire an address book entry accurate, however a calendar entry Double birthday: one of my bb calendar sync with ordinary and one that comes from the MAC address book through the Address Book birthday calendar subscribed
    • Not sure if this happens when I add a birthday bb in the summer time or not, but in some cases, I have that problem the day, as this is also a matter of daylight saving times.

Not to be rude, but as a business user this is something you can spend hours and really just want a phone that is working as it should work.

Re: When I sync my Blackberry Curve, Birthday changes by a day with apple address book

I have the same estimation that it is not professional by Blackberry not to solve the trouble!

They had this trouble since I owned a BB. A major source of headache. I tried to erase my BB contact and resynchronization. No luck. Treaty to establish "working hours" to the greater of 00:00. Nothing! Why cannot immediately sync without altering no matter which? I cannot keep in mind the birthdays of all that is why we have the address book that I keep in mind. But Blackberry messed the whole thing!

Have the same trouble. In my birthday Bold 9700 all distorted one day after synchronization.I dont know how to over come this problem

I tried "The Missing Sync", a sync software alternative, and had no troubles with birthdays so far, so the trouble is in the desktop software.

Looks like "The Missing Sync" is the most reliable alternative to DM, and delivers the work, although fee of $ 39.75.I think this is normal price.

Others have to reach a viable solution to an annoying trouble? Is this how the BlackBerry support works?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    Looks like "The Missing Sync" is the most reliable alternative to DM, and delivers the work, although fee of $ 39.75.I think this is normal price.

Others have to reach a viable solution to an annoying trouble? Is this how the BlackBerry support works?
    I've tried (and compensated) "The Missing Sync". This software is horrifying errors more grave than the desktop manager. Do not handle it and do not squander your money!

It seems that our nightmare will carry on for a number of times. Not sure if this will resolve all other topic but it seems to work for me. How? I shaped a Gmail account; Gmail BIS use synchronization to load all my contacts from Gmail web. Then use the MAC address book to sync with my Gmail account.

Tutorial to synchronize Address Book Lion immediately attempt to Google Gmail. I will make use of this technique until the BlackBerry decides to give the impression of being at timing DM difficulty with Lion.

I found a solution. Just follow these steps.
    1. Open Agenda for Mac OS X Lion and click on the Address Book menu bar. Click Preferences on the menu that appears.
    2. When the address book opens the Preferences window, tick the Accounts icon.
    3. Make sure that my Mac is chosen from the list of accounts and make sure you Synchronize with Google.
    4. Agree to permit the application to access your Google contacts sync purposes. Click OK to continue.
    5. go through your Gmail / Google credentials in the appropriate fields and click OK

Once the application servers contact Google can be seen above the notification that there are conflicts between the contacts stored on the Mac, Mobile Me and Gmail. Click Review to ensure correct information is synchronized through their accounts. Once you are done successfully will sync your Gmail contacts with your Mac

Doubled the nightmare experienced some time synchronization BIS .However; he decided to give him another chance today. in anticipation of now, the timing seems to be functioning BIS (no duplicates) since my last post about a explanation that worked for me. Fingers crossed.

I attempt to sync with Google BIS. No photo was coordinated contact birthdays and all .also from time to time work and private adresstypes distorted after sync. This is not the explanation for me.

Personally, I hope a few weeks and buy a Motorola or a Samsung Pro Droid Galaxy Pro M. Both phones have a QWERTY keyboard and can be synchronized seamlessly with Google (Android had a few months ago, and was a enjoyment working with them, apart from the virtual keyboard wrong). Blackberry No more for me!