Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 battery is not charging through USB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 battery is not charging through USB

I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and I am really enjoying this phone. I liked everything in this phone, but one thing in this phone is annoying me. In my previous phones when I was connecting them to my computer via USB then they were getting charged simultaneously, but in case of my this Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, when I connect it via USB to my PC then it doesn’t starts charging. I can only see an red cross sign on the battery icon. I don’t get any problem when I try to charge this phone with the main charger provided with this phone, but it should get charged with USB also. Does anyone else has the same issue? Or if anyone has any solution to fix this issue, then please reply.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 battery is not charging through USB

I am also using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I didn’t saw my GT is being charged when I connected it to my computer via USB, but I never saw that red multiplication sign that you mentioned above. Are you able to access the Kies?

I don’t have this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. When I connect my Galaxy Tab to my computer via USB, then it starts charging automatically, but it really charge very slowly. But, yes when I try to charge it my Laptop’s USB port then it barely gets Charge.

According to what I have experienced till now, I have seen that USB drops its charging speed only at power points of 5v. It will really be quicker if connected with 12v.

As far as I know, technically I can tell you that a battery of any phone cannot be charged through USB port. Therefore, you don’t need to worry if your phone’s battery is not charging when connected to your Computer via USB.

No, it can be charged with the USB, I am saying that because when I connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab to PC via Laptop it gets charge, though the charging speed will be slow. When I charge my phone with the main charger when it is switched off then it the charging speed is very fast, and when I keep it on then also the charging is fast but it becomes slow when getting charged with USB and computer. And I also tried to charge my Samsung Galaxy Tab with the USB/Car Charger cable, but there the charging speed was fast.

I am also using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and I have bought a car charger for it, but when I try to charge it using that car charger then I see a not charging icon on the car charger. Is it actually means that my phone is not charging or it is charging but slowly? However, I also see the same cross icon when I connect my Galaxy Tab to Computer via USB.

Is the car charger that you bought is an original Samsung Car charger? I also have a car charger and it can charge my Samsung Galaxy Tab and that also very fast. Most of the time I get my phone charged in my car only. When I connect my phone to it then I hear a beep sound and the battery icon starts showing a lightening symbol on it. And when the batter gets fully charged then I hear a sound and the battery icon becomes solid.

I think there is a problem either with the charger that you have bought or even the charging port, because as far as I have noticed till now that phones gets charged with faster speed if connected with the car charger. I think you should return that car charger again, from where you bought them.

Here I want to inform everyone of you that you can get only 5v DC and between 500mAh to 1000mAh for charging if you are using common USB connections. And normally you will require nearly 2000mAh for charging your Samsung Galaxy Tab normally. And from this you can understand that when you will connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab to your computer via USB, then it will surely drop the charging speed or it may not even get charged based on the app that you are using. And also here I want to suggest you all that when you are buying any charger then notice one thing about that its capacity should be 2A or 2000mAh. If they have that capacity they will be able to charge your Galaxy Tab perfectly.

As far as I know the Device should not charge when connected to computer via USB. I have read that in one the reviews on a website. And in my case also when I connect it to PC via USB, then it shows not charging. And it is with every phone, I think so.

Actually Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 does get charged via USB, but you can say that it gets charged very slowly. Once I connected my Tab to my computer it was saying not charging but when I switched it off and connected again to PC via USB, then after about an hour, my battery gone up by around 10%. Hence you can say that when you leave your Galaxy Tab connected to PC then it may be slow but then also it continues to charge, as at least a small amount of charge always comes through the USB.

Yes, when I did an experiment on it then I found that your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 will not get charge if you keep your Tab on, but if you will switch it off then you can charge it via USB when connected to a computer, though it will charge very slowly.