Thread: Getting pink lines display on Macbook Pro 17

Getting pink lines display on Macbook Pro 17

I got Macbook pro 17", 2.4 GHz, core duo, nvidia geforce 8600gt 256mb ddr3 sdram, 2 years old, and I have these vertical pink lines, where white color should be. On TV-OUT i get normal picture like it should be.

Someone says its video card, someone says it’s LCD. I saw Apple link where they sad that it can be service for free of charge, the cause is gt8600 card, nevertheless on my service they said me something usless.at the moment I am not able to contact apple .anyone who will help me to contact apple support and let me know what should I do.

Re: Getting pink lines display on Macbook Pro 17

Quote Originally Posted by Benedykt View Post
    someone says it’s LCD. I saw Apple link where they sad that it can be service for free of charge, the cause is gt8600 card, nevertheless on my service they said me something usless.at the moment I am not able to contact apple .anyone who will help me to contact apple support and let me know what should I do.
    This is a well known trouble and as you mentioned. Apple has a special repair program to address this trouble. If you have not read .This is an official statement from Apple.

Yes I have read, nevertheless it is hard to understand what is a service contract issue and what is not. In my service, apple sad that my trouble is not the matter, although you know that services always tried had nothing to do with the troubles of free warranties for cash only.

I have read the issue to someone who won’t apple service repair until contact Apple in the U.S. and service, including LCD replacement is not mentioned in the link below. Apple laptop services sad for us to bring diagnostic him, but we can say in 95% of your difficulty will not issue a free warranty, so they want to charge me $ 50 diagnostic though

People who informed him that the problem was not the famous ruling of the nVidia graphics card are probably correct. Since the video clearly shows an external monitor to the graphics card should be fine. It seems that your LCD screen may be faulty.

A further rapid test you can do to make sure this is to take a screenshot. If the screenshot is standard, detached the graphics card. Bad LCD

I Print Screen and normal desktop image on my pc. So I have a bad connection or bad LCD? It’s likely a cable, where I can observe the trouble itself, is seen by the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post
    I Print Screen and normal desktop image on my pc. So I have a bad connection or bad LCD? It’s likely a cable, where I can observe the trouble itself, is seen by the eye?
    It's not a bad video card as the screenshot is OK. If the video cable were bad or intermittent, the screen would go black or would be on and off. It looks like you need a new LCD.

but how can the LCD was a distortion of the image as in my case white rose should be, and that the icons were ghosts, who was in CRT monitors, how can the liquid crystals distortion ghost? And how can change color white pink, something trigger it?

Mac and I opened the LCD screen; open on the table at this time

So thousands of pink is not so a great deal, nevertheless still not functioning. Image you observe on TV the review of the green lines in black for nad.Its awful picture, although you can observe that the image is still poor, only pink is not so much preset

I just can display everything that others can see a Maybe help if anyone had the same trouble. The answer is "probably the LCD" I can do myself, no offense, I was thinking someone repair.

I was wondering if the trouble is with the PCB and elements at the top of the LCD, LCD is the main Cause, in my opinion it unable to display any type of image.