Thread: Not able to transfer photos from BB Tour 9630 memory to PC

Not able to transfer photos from BB Tour 9630 memory to PC

I am using a BB Tour 9630 and i am not able to transfer photos from my phone to my computer while using the usb cable.I am not having a media card and when i am clicking on media sync i am receiving an error message saying "Media Services Are Not Available" and "Media storage is not available" and it says to check the media card if it is properly installed in the phone and to check the mass storage mode.I am currently having a Desktop Software version 6.0.1.18 and i have found that it was possible to transfer photos in the old version so why it is creating a problem with the new version.Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to transfer photos from BB Tour 9630 memory to PC

You can try bypassing the desktop software and rather use mass storage mode and in order to enable mass storage mode just go to the home screen and then select option> Device > Storage and in order to enable media card just put a check-mark beside the media card and then set the mass storage support mode to on and just enable the mass storage mode and then just save it and try again and check if its working for you or not.

I have already tried to bypass the Desktop Software and have used the mass storage mode with my computer running on xp where the m,y phone was very well listed as a removable device but when i use to click on the icon then it use to say insert a disc i don't know why but later when i tried the same thing on windows 7 then here i found the device to be recognized as camera but then when i clicked on the icon then i was very well able to view my photos in my phones and so i copied it in my computer as well with no problem.I know that it is not a perfect solution for this but i have really solved my problem this way.

I have came across a solution in a forum where transferring the file between the device and the computer is possible if you have a media card.It says click on "Media" and after the "menu" is displayed select "explore" and when the file system appears just Navigate to the location of the file and then Highlight the file and then select the "move" option and then Navigate it to the device memory and once you have it in the media card then it transferring process is quite easy.

You can try this solution as well.What all you have to do is just Download the older version of BB Desktop Manager and then just launch the Media Manager from the Desktop Manager interface,where the Old interface will show both the media card as well as the device memory if you have a media card And now you can easily access your photos and videos or whatever yo have in your memory and then can very well transfer it to you computer as well.Hope that helps

I don't find downgrading to the previous version a better option rather i will just suggest you to get a media card and then use it very well by the Blackberry Desktop manager as it is really a easy process in order to share what ever you want to share from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone and media card are very cheap as well now a days so get a good media card and use the storage space as well rather than using it without it and then facing such problems.Best of luck.