Thread: internal and External Memory card not working properly in galaxy tab 7

internal and External Memory card not working properly in galaxy tab 7

I have just now bought a new galaxy tab having 16 GB of internal memory everything is fine but the only problem is that when i am checking the storage it says "unavailable" for the internal memory and it shows the same for my external 4GB card as well.I don't know what is the problem.Is there any one who have an idea about this problem.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

re: internal and External Memory card not working properly in galaxy tab 7

This problem do occur some time but you can just try out a hard reset but if the problem remains the same than you might need to do a factory reset but if you still face the same problem than i will suggest you to use some other external card and see if it is reading the card and if the other card is detected than there might be some problem with your external card and you will need to replace it.Just check all these method if it is a common problem than it will be surely solved by this methods.Best of luck.

As far as i know the internal SD you are talking about is the built in memory and you might not be looking for the internal memory it must be the external SD memory.What all you can do is just download "Astro" from the market in order to manage your files properly and make sure that you mount and unmount your SD cards as well by going through the menu.Hope that helps

Yes you might not be checking at the right place just follow the below method:
    • In order to check the internal memory( Settings >SD card and phone storage>Internal memory)
    • In order to check the internal SD card(Task Manager>Summary>Internal SD card)

just check these locations and see what you get and let us know so we can understand your problem well and try to help you out.

Even i was facing the same kind of problem but not exactly the same when i had checked in the above location in order to find out the space available i was just getting 0.00B/0.00B for both the internal as well as for the external memory but later when i tried a hard reset i was very well able to see the internal memory but not the external memory or the external SD card but later when i tried using other SD card then it was working fine.I found out the problem was with my external SD card it might have been corrupted but now everything is working fine now.

I had a problem with the external SD card,it was that whenever i used to insert a SD card it wont get read and hence i was not able to see the available memory in my phone an i was just welcomed with 0.00B/0.00B.I had also tried to change the external SD card and had used a no of them in order to check if there was any kind of problem with the external SD card and during this what i had noticed was that nothing happens when i use to insert the card but when i use to take it out then i used to get message saying "SD card removed" and later after trying a lot of solution i went to the service center and it was solved.If you want you can try the same.