Thread: Does Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 support GSM SIM, SMS & MMS as 7.0

Does Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 support GSM SIM, SMS & MMS as 7.0

Hello friends, I want to ask a simple question and also want the reply from all the users who are have the solution for it, as I want to know that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will be supporting the GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) and also the SMS (Short Message Service) and the MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) which was there in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0. So please suggest me that is available on not. Thank you so much.

Re: Does Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 support GSM SIM, SMS & MMS as 7.0

Even I am also desire to know about it. At the present I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. If the device can function as same as the Smartphone, or such as Samsung Galaxy Tab, then I will purchase to replace my current cell phone.

Actually the prices have been released in the United States and those are for WI-FI only versions, which I think it might be. That is you are planning to have either the 3G or the 4G due to the SIM card slot count on the Tablet, then I am sure that it will support the SMS, MMS, and etc, but probably differ by company of the network which you are using and also by Samsung. In the U.S. we can even use ours as a phone without any hacking or get original with Skype / Google voice. So it will be changed and also you will be able to get the change in the phone.

I have heard that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 will be released with the GSM in the couple of the months and also you will be able to get the tablet which you are asking about it.

Well my friend I think it will depend on where you live. I just had it confirmed from Samsung them that 8.9 will support voice calls in the Sweden country. For that reason, it will function if your network provider allows it, as it is with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. It is total depend on the tablet releasing in the country of yours and also it depend that the network company which you are using it is having the functions enable for the tablet for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the 8.9. Hope you might be able to get the solution to the question which you have raised in the comparison to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0.

It depends on the Samsung Galaxy Tab which you buy it and also it is been connect with the network provider you are purchasing the tablet. You should have a check with the network provider company which you are using the network.

I think it does not have the relation with the tablet you are using, if you were able to get the all the access of the GSM, SMS, and MMS in the Galaxy Tab 7.0 then you will be able to get in the higher version of the Galaxy Tab, as in the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. So you will be able to get the same feature on the new one, but you have to check with the network provide company that is they are providing the feature on the particular tablet or not. So you have to check it and get for yourself.