Thread: Is there any ways to turning off battery charging while running on AC power on MacBook Pro

Is there any ways to turning off battery charging while running on AC power on MacBook Pro

He guys I have got this new MacBook Pro and I am concerning about the battery life of this laptop as I came across many thread that discuss the battery life so I was speculating if there is in any case we can shut off battery charging at the same time as running on AC power. I'm trying to locate a method to cut off the battery power supply from my MacBook pro throughout software without actually take away the battery. This seems like a good way to expand the life/maintain the wellbeing of the battery when sitting in the office for hours on end plugged into an AC/DC power source. Is there at all any ways to hack or program to do this I would be very much appreciating to know this please guys I need help on this thanks

Re: Is there any ways to turning off battery charging while running on AC power on MacBook Pro

That is one great attractive concept . I haven't take notice of of such a article, however that doesn't signify something. I consider reading in another post someone talk about that while the MBP do some serious stimulating, it may need additional power than is accessible from the 85W power adaptor, so it draws additional power from the battery. I don't recognize if this is accurate and look as if strange to me that you could exhaust your battery at the same time as your notebook is plugged in although if that was the situation , it may be greatest not to stop the battery Just a consideration but this is one better idea that you have given

Re: Is there any ways to turning off battery charging while running on AC power on MacBook Pro

I am actually run my computer off AC only for rather a for long time , and it works just very well. I just find it frustrating to actually cut off the battery from the underneath. The motive I’d akin to do this is to bring to an end the regular cycling on the battery. though plugged in with a battery 100% charged, the power organization appear to cycle from AC to Battery to AC once more. therefore it go from 100% --- 99% -- 100%. I think this steady cycling damage the on the whole to the battery life perhaps this is apple's plan after all anyhow as recommended by apple, they recommend that if you do not use your battery for a while, store it at half capacity. I wanted to find a quick software solution way to stop charging/trick the laptop into thinking there's no battery at the same time as I sit at my desk, after that when I go home, put it back on, and just unplug my computer. I thinks if others are similar to me, but I tend to take my charger all the with me, and plug it in the majority times. Appear silly thought this is a notebook, however i believe mnay of us are using this as a desktop alternate for either support or be short of hard cash to buy 2 computers.

Anyhow, I don't make out if this is at present achievable, but I'm certain some people smarter than me might figure out a method.

Well actually I am yet pretty fresh to how my MacBook Pro and OS X function bought it 2 month ago however it would appear so as to you are right. When I'm by means of my MacBook Pro through the power adaptor, the charge goes from 100% to 95%, then back up to 100% occasionally. From what I've study, this is how it is imaginary to work, however I locate it strange that the battery is used at all while the adaptor is plugged in. My considerate is that a sequence as displayed in the battery statistics is further when the battery goes from some small number of charge I fail to remember, like 15% or a bit back up to full charge which I think is measured 95% . If this is accurate, your battery theoretically should by no means cycle at what time it is always plug in i.e., the modify from 100% to 95% then reverse to 100% is not regard as a toggles between battery and AC

I would too be involved to observe if present is a method to trick the MacBook Pro into thoughts there is no battery by means of software so with any luck someone more familiar than me will reply to this post once more as you point out, this ideally shouldn't occur.

Even I am also desire to locate a program that resolve allow your MacBook pro to believe that there is rejection battery in it, when actually, there is? And you desire this so that at the same time as it is connected to AC, the battery is not affected although it is still in the notebook, so that you will have a healthy and completely charged battery when you cut off from AC and turn off the program .this seem like an perfect solution because I definitely know what you mean. However, if there is a program to do this, the battery still would not be affected and cargo, as it is still physically connected? I mean, I'm pretty sure that the program just to fool the software into thinking that there is no battery, not the hardware. HTE because if the battery is connected while the laptop is connected to the network, is in charge, regardless of a program. I think the program just made so that the monitor software says the battery is not charged or are affected when it is.

yet again, I have no information about it, that's just my view. I'm pretty sure that there is no program like this yet.

Actually it on if we don’t have way to hide the battery, although to make use of software to modify how the hardware functions. for instance a way to end power as of being routed to the battery wholly. Comparable to like cut off a piece of hardware resembling a USB device, ejecting and stopping power to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki View Post
    Actually it on if we don’t have way to hide the battery, although to make use of software to modify how the hardware functions. for instance a way to end power as of being routed to the battery wholly. Comparable to like cut off a piece of hardware resembling a USB device, ejecting and stopping power to it.
    It previously do these by itself. No require for additional software. This is why the light turns green and it no longer count down the minutes in anticipation of the battery is completely charged.

Lots of PC laptop has this third party software feature name battery management. You can decide to begin and end charging at your wish battery % battery threshold to considerably expand the battery life. This is mainly helpful when you require plugging in the power the majority of the time. I was shock that the Mac book air does not have this characteristic. If there is a program to do so it would be huge.