Thread: Is OS X lion really required?

Is OS X lion really required?

Snow Leopard running now and moderately content and the mastermind at the Apple store say my Core 2 Duo could sluggish .is this accurate and I can jump Lion still have a immense Mac?

Re: Is OS X lion really required?

Not a "needs" that I think is pretty pathetic anyway slowed my MBP 2011, even with a clean install and do not update good lord.

It certainly is not shit. But I agree with the first part.

If you are happy with Snow Leopard and are not paying attention in features like full-screen applications, Save / CV and others that are element of the lion, then by all resources stick with Snow Leopard until you sense the necessitate to update.

Snow Leopard must follow to get the bug fixes for some time, but once you talk about the successor of Lion and the launch of the operating system version, maybe it's time to start thinking up of Snow Leopard .

I will be running Snow Leopard for some time on my Macbook Pro 2011 SO lion is not necessary. Do not bother to run on my Macbook pro 08 either, come to think of it.

I'm happy running Leopard snow and the lion on my Macbook Pro 3 years old. I can use SL for personal consumption, and the lion for work / educational purposes. Although to be honest, I almost never want to start in Lion. My workflow is much more efficient in SL, and it is not because they have realized the Lion. All I know for a fact that Leo is less efficient in how I work. Lion native will be like to step back or two for me.

So until I am compulsory to upgrade, I'll be stick with Snow Leopard, I imagine. On the other hand .I've tried to work with Photoshop or Light room in Lion. So at a number of point, I have to offer that a fare shakes and observe what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    I'm happy running Leopard snow and the lion on my Macbook Pro 3 years old. I can use SL for personal consumption, and the lion for work / educational purposes. Although to be honest, I almost never want to start in Lion. My workflow is much more efficient in SL, and it is not because they have realized the Lion. All I know for a fact that Leo is less efficient in how I work. Lion native will be like to step back or two for me.

So until I am compulsory to upgrade, I'll be stick with Snow Leopard, I imagine. On the other hand .I've tried to work with Photoshop or Light room in Lion. So at a number of point, I have to offer that a fare shakes and observe what happens.
    I have started reduction my money towards a newer Macbook Pro, so I imagine by the time they release a new OS after Lion I will be getting that system no matter what they finish up call it and I am convinced I will be contented with Thunderbolt built in and a better Video memory by after that as well.

Thunderbolt will be overwhelming. When in fact it is extensively supported.

I’m in contract with this, however again with icloud,IOS 5 coming releasing soon. people would have to update snow leopard to lions.

I was only able to update BC. I do not work on my Mac for its more than a social gathering for me, so that the update was not to a necessity. I can think of nothing in SL not have to do you need to upgrade. My thoughts anyway.

Well, I'm safe until I stopped completely mobile operation. I already use every part of the deal actually icloud I would be happy to update, I'm waiting for an update.

I have Lion running on my Macbook C2D Black with 2.4 GHz and 4 GB of 667 MHz RAM. It works immense and pace is even enhanced than I had with Snow Leopard. If you perform not need the extra included in Lión, wait with Snow Leopard.

For basic uses of Snow Leopard is fine. I'm thinking back to it when the extras, such as gestures, do not work on my machine. Also if you use Quicken and some other major programs will have difficulty running in Lion.

I like Lion,because it is more superior than Snow Leopard. I like to attempt. You can forever come back. Before installing the lion, not a time machine backup full or Carbon Copy Cloner. So if you do not like Lion, like restore from backup and will be right where you left off.