Thread: Is it possible to connect Sky digital box up to my iMac using eyetv

Is it possible to connect Sky digital box up to my iMac using eyetv

Hey guys I need to knows this I've understand a bunch on this, but I want to put this query to the people who recognize, the Mac group of people.

Is it expected to clip my digi box up to my imac most probably using eyetv 3 and look my subscription package by means of my Mac and be never have to go

As people affirm they be able to receive sky news, sky sports news, E4 and additional free channels except that not anything in addition, is this for the reason that SKY contain encrypted all the pay-for channels If this is the reason , does eyetv goes in unison with Virgin cable in its place

I would be really appreciating any help on this regard

Re: Is it possible to connect Sky digital box up to my iMac using eyetv

The El Gato Eye TV workings with the majority cable boxes and satellite receiver. You can make sure the accurate configurations it react by analysis the mentioned on their web site. LINK of course any kind of pay channel on SKY TV is encrypted and have to be rewarded for previous to it can be established.

Quote Originally Posted by Crespin View Post
    The El Gato Eye TV workings with the majority cable boxes and satellite receiver. You can make sure the accurate configurations it react by analysis the mentioned on their web site. LINK of course any kind of pay channel on SKY TV is encrypted and have to be rewarded for previous to it can be established.
    Ok sound like I do shell out a full payment, so that way I can completely be given all the SKY channels throughout 'eyetv' against my mace .actually keen to get it functioning for myself, as I cannot have enough money to be buying a big widescreen HD TV in addition to Mac monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by garfunkel View Post
    Ok sound like I do shell out a full payment, so that way I can completely be given all the SKY channels throughout 'eyetv' against my mace .actually keen to get it functioning for myself, as I cannot have enough money to be buying a big widescreen HD TV in addition to Mac monitor.
    certain. The El Gato will catch to your Satellite receiver box with the purpose that the whole thing you receive via your box will be available to the El Gato unit. That includes pay channels, subscriber channels, etc.Be certain you read up on how the on display TV Guide is get all the way through the El Gato unit. It doesn't work the same method as it does through your box.

thanks

Hi guys I also had the same difficulty the largest part understand with your help with this.

I've got a mail reverse as of El Gato's sales team, extremely to the point. They advise the 'Eye TV Sat' method which is something like €200. though it state this on the site

EyeTV Sat has included CI slots which allow you to obtain satellite Pay TV on your Mac. All you require is a well-matched combination of conditional access module what is also called CAM and a Pay TV subscription smartcard. Kindly check with your Pay TV supplier to confirm support of intermediary standard CI beneficiary. Some suppliers, such as BSkyB in the UK, permit their smartcards to be used with proprietary set top boxes simply.

initially, CI receiver? What’s the CI signify? Secondly, is this eye TV sat mechanism ineffective for me? As Sky presentation cards are only well-matched with the Panasonic DVB box I have?

You can only take delivery of sky encrypted channels by means of their accepted equipment. So you just require a way to clip up your Sky box to your Mac. Moreover by RF out(coaxial), Scart/Composite or HDMI depending on top of the kind of Sky box you have. The EyeTV Hybrid can handle the compound and RF input but I can't find decisive in sequence about linking an HDMI input

What you are saying is wrong, but it's not what you would want to accomplish. He's correct in that every one pay TV supplier want their customers to use only qualified equipment, which in the majority cases is has less and/or crippled functions like being capable to record This does not signify that it's not achievable to use other equipment

Be conscious that by means of non-certified devices might be a break of the terms and condition of your agreement with the supplier, but it's not against the law and nobody on the extra end is capable to determine in which device you use your smartcard. The majority severe sanction if you’re trapped which is extremely improbable would be an extinction of your agreement.

Yeah you are right I'm situated in Germany and contain a Sky premiere payment; by using an eyeTV hybrid and a Terratec USB CI with an Alphacrypt CAM, I be capable to reinstate my receiver and record in local quality on my Mac. Here's a brief derelict on your option, if you are a pay TV subscriber and desire to watch or record encrypted channels on your Mac. mostly, there are two ways

1. acquire an eyeTV well-matched device there are extra way out, however the eyeTV software is extreme greater with AV-inputs and provide it your receiver's output not to the TV, but to the eyeTV tool

2. Use eyeTV hybrid or a Terratec H7 (DVB-C) or eyeTV Sat you didn't provide if you're on cable or use a satellite dish, so I provide together ways together the Sat and the Terratec have a CAM slot, in which you put a CI, in which you put your payTV smartcard. For the eyeTV hybrid you require an outside CI in which to set the CAM with the card similar to the Terratec USB CI

If you want additional statistics or have questions on by means of eyeTV for payTV and in general, I advise the eyeTV lounge

wish this was supportive. If you have any problem, don't be uncertain to write to me.

Thanks

My setup is Sky digital plus box and S-Video cable and EyeTV Hybrid and Mac Pro operation EyeTV3 workings a fascination, picture class is nonentity short of exceptional too. previous to the Sky+ box I had a ordinary box where I hooked it up by means of a Scart and Composite cable which employ enormous also, although clearly the S-Video link is better quality. You could on the other hand use a usual co-ax cable and a basic Elgato tuner however the picture and sound quality will suffer

sadly for me the EyeTV Hybrid device, in spite of my greatest hard work, resulted in no channels distinguish after some tries at tuning. I had connected via coaxial output from the sky box. therefore I come back it. The recommendation I've have from Apple and following investigate on the elgato website is so as to I require to employ the Eye Tv sat linking as of the sky box, although I'm not so certain now

In case of you are using a Sky HD box, get yourself a S-Video cable and make use of that.It won't provide you an HD signal though, it is far better to the Composite cable.