Thread: How can I swap SIM cards Options on Nokia 5230

How can I swap SIM cards Options on Nokia 5230

Hi friend

I am planning to travel abroad and I need help regarding swapping the SIM card be able to exchange back I am having Nokia 5230 as I have never required to change my SIM card since I purchase the phone and I am not techy genius so I am worry I would damage the data while doing this can anyone here help me on this issue I would be very glad to know it

thanks in advance

Re: How can I swap SIM cards Options on Nokia 5230

Just take the back up on the pc suite and you will be at least have some source remaining at home and as far as swapping the SIM card is concern its not that tuff you can do it easily

Even I am also facing the same problem I'm certain this will give the impression like a actually ignorant question to a lot of, except please tolerate with me. I have an unlocked and unbranded Nokia 5230, which at present has a T-mobile SIM card in it. I desire to exchange the SIM card and soon after I wish for to use the phone overseas . I appreciate the technicalities like phone powered off, take away battery, take out old SIM, put in new SIM etc, as in the instruction manual however I'm uncertain what occur to the settings in the Symbian OS. particularly I presume this is the network settings do I require to create a note of these previous to I take out the old SIM, and does the fresh SIM install its have its OWN settings or do I require to do it physically Is there something in addition I should note in the settings or anyplace else earlier than take away the old SIM Will I lose any content like Contacts when I take away the old SIM something else I should be attentive of I'm a bit concerned about messing up all the settings and being incapable to use the phone and or installed apps if I exchange SIMs. I've gazed though the manual, and verify both Google and this forum, but I've been incapable to find related info. I'd be grateful for any help or recommendation. Please guys

First tell me Do you keep your contacts on your simcard or on the phones memory? You can duplicate the contacts to your phone otherwise in your phone somewhere.

Initially, install Ovi suite pc suite on your computer and create a backup of your phone, together with what you require. If you haven´t done it earlier than it is now time for it anyhow.

Make sure where do you keep your contacts on your simcard or on the phones memory You can replica the contacts to your phone or else in your phone wherever.

I don´t know how the settings are prepared in your model, although settings from your carrier must be installed physically by you GPRS, SMS or by the carrier transfer an sms with the settings. glance at their homepage.

Your additional settings in the phone will be as it is at the present. But yet again, install Ovi Suite initial.

I use Funambol to sync above the air by 3G or WLAN my contacts, notes, to do and calendar (and to Outlook 32bit

You will be very well

I keep my contact on the SIM will the also backed up with OVI or I have to do some thing else to do that