Thread: OVI store not working after updating Anna OS to nokia E7

OVI store not working after updating Anna OS to nokia E7

Hi guys, I am a Nokia E7 user and had updated my phone recently, but after doing that I am having different problem with the phone as mentioned below.

1- The very first problem is about OVI store, I am not able to open it anyway thus downloading something from there is next to impossible.

2- Google Maps is not working.

This is the major problem and there are too many other problem that I am not
    mentioned but after all I am not happy with this operating system, as it has so many bugs.

So is there anyone having any such problem with their phone ruining Anna OS. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: OVI store not working after updating Anna OS to nokia E7

I am not sure about the OVI store but still as far as Google Maps are concern you should try to reinstall the MAPs again in your mobile and then see what happens, because sometimes it happens as the OS we install causes such a problem and after reinstalling then it would work perfectly for sure.

And if suppose you are still having any problem with the phone so at that time you should try to make sure whether all the maps are downloaded perfectly or not, and if possible you should download it from the official website only rather than from another third party website.

I think this is some problem in your firmware for sure, anyways have you ever tried battery pulling to your device, if not then let me tell you should try to drain the batter wholly and then remove it for some time and then again insert It in the mobile and the restart it.

I was also having problem with the phone but after doing this all the problems were resolved actually. While we do this, the mobile actually refresh the os and delete all the previous incorrect cache from the mobile.

you can have another option as well like you should try to make a reset to your phone, I hope you must be aware about the procedure, and if not then you can simply refer the manual given to you with the mobile while you have purchased it. you can have two options here such as soft reset and the hard resetting the mobile. when we make a soft resetting it will remove all the settings that we have made in the device and after deleting them the device will work the way it was working previously when you had bought it. and if suppose it doesn’t work at all then you can try another method that’s hard reset to your device, but after doing that you’ll lose each and everything you have stored in the mobile.

(NOTE: it is strongly recommended as you should try to take back up of your important data in order to get it recovered)

have you made the firmware update to your mobile through the computer or through the OTA update? Because I have heard that the OTA updates always causes problem to the device an no matter which device it I, but still it is strongly recommended as we should try to make update through the computer only.

Thus if you have done the same thing so I would like to recommend you that you should try to make firmware update through the computer only.

I am agree with the above user as you should do that first and in fact if you have done it that way only but still you are having problem that means there is some problem in the firmware that you have downloaded thus according to me you should try to reinstall the same version of software again your mobile and then see what happens. Because I have also install the same operating system but I am not having any problem with the phone or with any content in the phone.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but I have tried 3 time reinstallation of the same operating system but don’t know what could be the problem as there isn’t any change in the functioning of the mobile as I am having the same issue with the phone.

I think you should try to visit the service center and see what they are saying about this, because this is ridiculous as all the above user who had posted over here had almost install this OS in their phones and they are happy with it.

Don’t know why you are having this problem, and this moment according to me the Executives in the crevice center will help you.