Thread: Is there any s60 Dual SIM phone from Nokia ?

Is there any s60 Dual SIM phone from Nokia ?

Hi, I want to buy a good phone from the Nokia only, but I have noticed that there isn’t any phone from S60 series which has dual SIM facility. Rather there are too many S40 series newer phones comes in the market which has this dual SIM facility, but still they have too many limitations, thus want to have only s60 series mobile.

Is there any one here having any such model, please tell me about the best dual SIM phone that I can have for myself.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Is there any s60 Dual SIM phone from Nokia ?

- See there are too many phones that you can have for yourself having this dual SIM facility though they are not from Nokia but off course from the leading brands, so there is no need to worry about the performance.

You can simply visit different mobile sites for further information about the dual SIM mobile phone, but the thing that you are expecting it from the nokia s60 series so that’s quite impossible.

Though you have mentioned that you want a phone from the Nokia but still I would like to mentioned the best 7 phones that you can have with this dual SIM capability.

• Motorola EX115

• Spice Mi-270 (ANDROID phone)

• The Samsung Corby II S3850

• Motorola EX128

• Videocon V1855

• Samsung Chat 332

• The Nokia X1-01

if you want to have phone with the dual SIM and other good faculties as well then you must have to pay more for better brands, and there are quite fewer phone from the nokia which has such a capability and thus you must have to choose from other brand for sure.

And at this moment the best that I can suggest is to have from either Samsung or micromax.

well, as far as dual SIM is concern the Dual SIM Mobile phone market is rising exponentially with each passing day. We have the sense of hearing the announcements of new dual SIM phones almost every day launched by local as well as global mobile phone makers.

And though you are expecting such a capable phone from the nokia but the brands such as Samsung and Micromax have entered the dual SIM bandwagon in India and they are superb when we compare then with the nokia dual SIM phones.

And let me tell clearly as if you want to have dual SIM phone from the nokia then you must have to choose from the S40 series for sure or else my personal recommendation is to have phone from other brand like Samsung.

Though I have same opinion but still I would say you should wait for sure if you are looking for the device from Nokia.

I am agree with the above user as you should get the mobile from the Samsung only rather than having it from the nokia.

According to me Samsung Star Duos also called as GT-B7722 the first dual SIM device contributing 3G and 2G dual-active standby support, is now available. The new Samusng Star Duos dual SIM GSM + CDMA is a 3G-ready bar phone. The device approach with the selection of two SIM cards, running 3G on one and GPRS/EDGE network on another. The key features of this new Star Duos device include a 3.2 inch TFT touch screen display, with 5 megapixel camera with 4X digital zoom and LED flash support, QVGA video recording @ 30 fps which is quite recommended and secondary camera for video calling. The handset bring in a 3 page comprehensive menu with TouchWiz 2.0 UI. I am not sure about the price but still the Samsung Star Duos (GT-B7722) is priced at Rs. 12.3K in the Indian market.

actually the thing is like there is too many limitations with the applications support while it comes to s40 devices.

And that’s the main reason I am about to have s60 device for my self. Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

See you are wrong here because there isn’t any such application that you have for s60 device and not for s40 device. and after all you must be aware as there are too many s40 series phone come this year and they all are very advanced as well having each and every capability to do each functions, so why to have s60 device by paying more money for the same?

And I would like to tell you that Touchscreens and dual-SIM phones is breaking new ground for Series 40 thus according to me you should get the device from the s40 series only rather than waiting for any such device from the nokia.

ohmy Re: Is there any s60 Dual SIM phone from Nokia ?

This is not correct. S40 does not support ".sis" files. And, Nokia has also said that S40 is a java based OS. They have released only the java SDK for this OS. So, that puts a very big limitation for S40 devices.

ThumbsUp Re: Is there any s60 Dual SIM phone from Nokia ?

u shud try nokia c5-03
    its dual sim wid symbian s60 os
    and its got pretty gud specifications