Thread: Nokia N8 cannot save sent emails

Nokia N8 cannot save sent emails

From my Nokia N8 phone , Recently I have sent an email and after sending mail when I looked it into the sent item box .I saw there was no send mail record and people to whom I had send were receiving emails from my side but there are no records on my sent box. I am surprised how is it possible .can I know How to overcome this problem and how can I restore my sent emails.

Re: Nokia N8 cannot save sent emails

I am using the same nokia phone I am sending plenty of emails daily and is going well . All my emails send are saving properly in my sent box. I don't think so there should be any problem regarding the phone. Just check out your settings in the phone you may find something wrong in your settings. Have you checked with your text messages (SMS) are the messages being stored in your sent items box . If not then there must be a problem regarding your ‘phone setting’ check it out

I am using the E7 nokia phone. Have sent an email to an friend . after sending when I went to sent box to forward the email again I found out that there was no emails record in sent box. I don't understand is there a problem in the settings or phone.

Guys going through your problems and issues mentioning regarding the emails not being saved in the sent box. First tell me that have you guys checked your phone settings. If yes and then its OK to go ahead. Now to set your account manually goto Menu > Applications > Mail > New ( opens your mail wizard) then enter your email with some variation for example: -sfdsdf@mail.abc-- so it will give hard time to identify for phone . your phone will not be able to identify your mail provider and will ask to make the settings of your own giving choice between Microsoft exchange and pop3/imap. Select the pop3/imap and go on with the instructions finish it with and you have done with your mail settings…..

I have read your reply it seems really helped me to sort out the issue .I have set up my account manually and looks its working with the yahoo account. I can see the sent emails data saved in the sent box. But its not so satisfactory because its not showing me on the other mail accounts.

I have set my Nokia C7 phone email settings manually as per above friend have told. But the problem is that my deleted emails which should be stored in the deleted box are not stored which my previous nokia phone use to store until I delete personally and Yahoo mail works well for me, but not my personal domain mailbox does not work properly . There is no sent messages . I've tried everything I found here. I not able to catch what the problem is … is it the issue with the phone or the servers