Thread: Changes in Nokia C7 after Anna Update

Changes in Nokia C7 after Anna Update

I have Nokia C7, and I have decided to upgrade my Mobile with the latest version of Symbian Anna, so before updating I want to know what will be the changes going to occurs for my mobile after updating with the Symbian Anna, and also some little information on Anna version. So I am very much confused about it so guys I want to know is it good to update my C7 with Symbian Anna. What benefit I get after updating, so guys if you have any information about this then please suggest me, your ideas will be appreciated.

Re: Changes in Nokia C7 after Anna Update

Recently I have also updated my Nokia with the Symbian Anna. So the changes I have observe in my phone is as follow after updating the Symbian Anna my phone become much sleeker and that is the good thing according to my experience. Also the new features like NFC and some more fancy extra features are added which is very much appreciated.

There are the many things which doesn’t work after the Anna Update, and some of the features are completely get disappeared and also I have seen that my phone is restarting alternative after one to two hours. Most of the images and picture are not visible properly that I mean that some of them are appearing and some of them are not appearing properly. The music player is also not working properly. And also whenever I want to purchased something from the OVI store it show the error message. And also some of the screen saver is corrupted.

There are the two stages in Anna update:
    You can update the core OS to v22 firmware ‘Anna’, and this updating can be done by using the OTA, that is by using the Device manager, for that you have to press *#0000# on the call screen and you can check for the updates. Some new Application is also installed which include Quickoffice and Adobe reader. And this can simply be achieved by "Symbian Anna Update 1/2" and "Symbian Anna Update 2/2". And I want to suggest you that any of them can fail during the update however if such thing happened then you just try once again by restarting the system.

After updating Your Nokia C7, you will see the following feature in your Nokia C7, there you will get the improved virtual text input usability through the portrait QWERTY keyboard and even you also get widespread split screen input. And the messaging feature you will get that whenever you that when you replay to the message in Conversations you can able to view the previous messages in the thread. The Anna update also changes the feature for the web based application and there are the changes you will go to see in the browser that it changes with more sensitive user interface and also provide the faster performance.

I have seen the more changes in my browser and web application that the standard location for the address bar is found at the top of the page, and there is also some of the improvement seen in the performance for the page rendering. And this all get with the updated feature for the WebKit and also the page navigation and page scrolling s improved by the Anna update.

You will going to found the changes occurs in display look and feel, there is the changes in the display feature with the new fresh icons which is also include in the part of the Themes. This icon is basically in round edge which is good to make the Themes better to see. The Home screens also become the Dragable that we can drag it and can adjust tit as per the need. And also I have seen that there is the better performance and it also reducing the amount of memory used to run the Application.

If you have updated your Nokia C7 with the Symbian Anna, then there are the changes you will see in Calendar Application with the month/day view. The updated photo application is also introduced in C7 after the Anna Update which is used for viewing the photos in into photo grid, rather than album or folder list view. The Camera Application is also become much well with reworked icons and UI elements, and at the corner of the camera application you will see clearer indicator icons. The Updated mail application with the better layout and user friendly UI fundamentals, and also the additional feature for faster rendering the page and scrolling to make the use of browser. Advanced security is also seen in the Exchange for Mail.

The changes I have seen in Nokia C7 after updating Anna, that there is the virtual key feature is added and that is in the QWERT keyboard type. The storing information for the message is also come by using that feature we can keep the backup for the message conversations. There are also the changes I have seen in web browser the browser become more us3er friendly that anyone can get the extra navigation keys for performing the action for the browser.