Thread: Nokia N8 - MMS not working because of access point setting

Nokia N8 - MMS not working because of access point setting

I am using a N8 and the problem i am facing is that The access point is automatically configuring my Vodafone UK PAYG SIM but incorrectly because of which i had to change the access point to "pp.vodafone.co.uk" manually but i was not able to find a way to change the "Vodafone MMS" access point setting.later I manually configured a new access point by a different name and then selected the same in the Messaging settings thinking that i will be able to at least send some MMS messages but the Log shows that the N8 is still attempting to connect to the incorrect "Vodafone MMS" access point instantly.Is there any way to stop it doing that and use the access point which i am willing to use?

Re: Nokia N8 - MMS not working because of access point setting

Your problem seems to be weird,What all you can do is just to stop all the applications that might be in use and even remove all the widgets from your screen and then no matter they are in offline mode and then just try switching it off and later switching it on or you can try the hard way of turning off the network data.Just try this out and see if the are resulting in helping you out.

As far as my knowledge i think that the problem might be because your phone must be having the connection setting in different places in your phone and this would have occurred mistakenly as i know that the connection setting is quite complex because of a no of menus to select.I will suggest you to just check the APN setting and you will find this under the under Settings/connectivity/settings/APN just make sure it is entered correctly and it is the one you are willing to use.This simple problem had solved my problem with the access point previously so i think this will help you too.

What i have found by now is that the APNs which are used by the Media Messaging are likely no to appear on the Network Destinations menu,i dont know why but it makes me think that they might be hidden in dome destination namimg MMS and which we cannot find.I have tried a lot of solution and have got a solution to solve this issue as well.What all we have to do is just create a new APN for MMS and then probably moving it to a new destination called "Media Messaging" where later you can tell the Messaging system to use your new MMS APN rather than using the VF MMS one so If you know which setting you need for your MMS APN then you will very well solve your problem with this solution.Best of luck.

Even i was having the same problem previously but i had managed to solve it this way.In order to delete the access point just go to Menu>Settings>Connectivity> Settings> Destinations>(The destination where your access point is stored)> and then just press and hold on the access point in order to delete it until you get a pops-up menu with the option "Delete" and now after deleting it you can create a new access point and then use it accordingly.Hope that helps

In order to create a new access point go in to Settings->connectivity->settings->destinations>new destination and create a group called "Media messaging" and then create a access point naming MMS-W within it and then go in to the Settings>Connectivity>Settings>APN Control and change the pin and then remove the incorrect mms setting and add the setting which you haver created and then go to messaging>Options->Settings->Mutltimedia message and then select the access point you have created and then reboot the phone and it done.

I am not vary sure if it is a PR 2.0 problem or something else but i wanted to say that i did not have that APN options settings But still i have solve this problem out by going in to Messaging > Options >Settings>Multimedia message and then setting the MMS creation mode to Restricted and then reboot the phone and the problem is solved.people who are not having apn setting option like me can try this out.