Thread: How to install SIP VoIP 3.1 in New Nokia E72

How to install SIP VoIP 3.1 in New Nokia E72

I recently purchased Nokia E72 and try to make the use of SIP. I have tried to install VoIP App SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_Symbian_3_v1_0_en.sis but unfortunately it was not working. While installing this I get the get message "application not compatible with phone". And also there is the lack of options for advanced call manager. So I don’t know what this issue is and also I don’t have that much of information about this feature so if you guys know any idea about the installation then please help me out to overcome this issue. Your response will be appreciated.

Re: How to install SIP VoIP 3.1 in New Nokia E72

According to my experience there may be some compatibility problems for this feature of VoIP in your E72. And have you try to install this SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_S60_5_x_v1_0_en.sis may it work for you to overcome this issue.

Have you tried installing SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_Symbian_3_v1_0_en.sis by using your PC Suite, since there are the application which are there in PC suits for installing such feature and you can find that in menu option, or may be your SIP is disable so first go and enable the SIP by using Gizmo. You can try to do this manually to get it work. Or you can also make the use of internet to connect this feature in your Nokia E72.

There is the need to reboot your system and after that you can try to install your SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_Symbian_3_v1_0_en.sis and if it doesn’t install then you have the other option to install SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_S60_5_x_v1_0_en.sis and if the same problems of not installing that one also then either your SIP feature is disable or there is some application issue that leads this problems.

According to my suggestion you just download SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_Symbian_3_v1_0_en.sis from VoIP social site. And get the new package. And then try to install this new one. My sometime it happened that we don’t get the complete file from downloading and that issue occurs while installing that downloaded file. So the best option is to again download SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_Symbian_3_v1_0_en.sis and then install it in your System. May this time you don’t have to face those problems.

Even I was also facing the same problems but finally I get the solution for this issue. So you just follow this steps may it help you to overcome your problems. So before installing that application you have to remove the following installed file, So first you have to remove SIPVoIPSettingsInstaller.sis by using Application Manager and InternetAdvSettings.sis. is also removed automatically when you do this. Now make sure whether this file is removed or not so for this you have to go for Menu and then Control Panel>Application Manager and after that Installed Application. This is necessary for removing the have earlier installed wrong version. Then you have to restart the system. And after restarting you have to install SIP_VoIP_3_x_Settings_v2:0:en.sis. After installation of this file you should have those SIPVoipSettingsInstaller.sis and InternetAdvSettings.sis in your Application Manager.

May be the SIP_VoIP_3_x_Settings_v2:0v1 doesn’t work in your system. That’s why you are getting those problems again and again even if you have tried several things. So according to me you should try the other version of VoIP.

Sometime our system doesn’t able to compile the feature of VoIP, or the file we are installing is not in that format that our system support, so according I can say that ,we have to install SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_S60_5_x_v1_0_en.sis so that we can able to use the VoIP feature in our cell.