Thread: Need to know about ETA of anna update for Nokia N8 in Australia

Need to know about ETA of anna update for Nokia N8 in Australia

I am having nokia N8 phone with me. I know that the question that I am having has been previously asked many times so I would say sorry for asking again and again. I want to know the official date of when is anna update going to come for nokia N8 phone. I am eagerly waiting for this update. All the people waiting for anna update are waiting since long but still there is no news on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need to know about ETA of anna update for Nokia N8 in Australia

Well I can understand that you are eagerly waiting for this update. There are in fact many who are doing the same. I think you should not be sorry for anything. I can understand your desperation. Let me tell you that nokia is working hard with the local operators to ensure symbian anna is ready for the consumers. Let me tell you that every Australian operator are going to have different launch schedules but still I assume that it will be widely available by the end of September 2011.

Well yes I agree and I have heard that this update is going to be widely released by the end of September 2011. I have heard that some operators may release it much sooner. But you know what I can’t comment on locked or unlocked phone. It might get released sooner for unbranded phones.

I don’t know why Vodafone is taking so long to release the symbian anna update for nokia N8. It has been released in Australia for nearly a month. I think nokia would have given Vodafone software to test before it was released. I know that nokia N9 is going to release next month on Vodafone and it is going to have symbian anna already installed. So there is going to be no issue for n9 users.

I would say that keep in contact with your operator. As far as I think the operator can only provide you with the best answer. Nokia and operator deal in such issues so you can try contacting the operator to know more on this update.

Well I am also eagerly for this update. My operator told me that this update will come soon in Australia and new Zealand.