Thread: cannot save any newly created file on my Nokia N900

cannot save any newly created file on my Nokia N900

Guys having a problem with the Nokia N900 whenever I am creating any files or downloading any file I am not able to save the file I get this message "can't save file as file is read only" so please help me with this and make my doubts clear what’s wrong and why I am not able to do this?

re: cannot save any newly created file on my Nokia N900

This is not a new problem it has been faced by number of people and I know it has been really very irritating but don’t worry I think that this is a simple problem and you can solve it by number of attempt of rebooting just try to reboot your phone number of time and then the problem would be solved I have solved it with this only so I hope it would be working fine with you too.

I think you can try out formatting you phone once and resetting it I mean system restore and I am sure that it would solve the problem there have been number of such problem been solved by this. I hope you must know about it how to do it and how it has been solving many and many number of problems. Anyways just try it out I hope it would solve the problem all this has been a problem with the setting and bit binaries only and this is been solved by the system restore and all don’t need to worry much such problems has this solution only and 99 percent it does works out.

Ops I am having the same phone and I haven’t had any such problem everything has been working fine just 3 days ago one of my friend got the phone and everything was working fine with him too anyways I think that this is a serious headache and you need to contact the service center.

When I had this problem I did the same and the problem was solved. First I removed my battery and then I inserted it again after few minutes and many time only this procedure does solves the problem and if not then just format you memory card first and then have a back up of your phone and then restore factory to your phone and the things are solved.

Don’t you guys think that this can be the problem of the virus? The files is having virus and you have been transferring your data from the device which is having lots of viru there are number of virus which would make everything go invisible and the problem would be created for you so I would be saying that you need to scan your phone too before doing all this and see if there is any problem with the virus and all and I don’t think that there can be any other problem for this.

May be updating your software would be helping you out. Now it has been a time when you phone has been outdated and need some repair and updating just do that and see if you are helped.

Re: cannot save any newly created file on my Nokia N900

Problem solved am so happy i really needed the help and as always only you guys were there to help me out i tried to get some help from other sites but they were having really difficult tricks and over here i got so many different ideas and each one had some different thing to say thanks a lot for this i really appreciate your effort towards my query and providing me with your solution.