Thread: Messages Icon flashing with no unread message on Nokia E71

Messages Icon flashing with no unread message on Nokia E71

I have bought this phone way back a year ago and recently I have notice that its flash the unread message icom on the main screen as I don’t understand what to do about this so can any one here can help me to get rid of this as its annoying because I don’t know if I have unread message on phone or not I would be really appreciate your afford if anyone of you will help me to solve this problem

Re: Messages Icon flashing with no unread message on Nokia E71

I am having the same problem and I wonder may perhaps someone assist me please. I have recently got a Nokia E72 and have able to work on it and learn its function by my self without referring to the manual that is available free with the phone which according to me is useless .and recently I have observed there has been a black + white envelope icon blinking at the extremely bottom of the screen. It can't be approach by the navigator and I contain no unread messages nor are the message boxes occupied full I even had refered to the manual cover to cover and pushed every assist button in the phone to no benefit. Does anyone out there be on familiar terms with how to end this blinking icon as it is initial to drive me mad? except that it appear like a actually good phone.

I have the same opinion and I agree totally with your remarks concerning the paper manual. just about hopeless. For such a complex piece of kit, the slightest I would anticipate is a well-mannered manual, both in paper or on disc or, as a last alternative, on a web site. The E72 has neither of these.

I think it is caused by You might just have an unread SMS from your previous phone which is still save on your SIM card. To make sure, be present at Messaging Options SIM messages or SIM card's message memory is occupied. Erase messages by the SIM card. Go to Messaging Options SIM messages or Phones messaging memory is chock-full. Try erasing messages, also examining in, Sent and drafts or although all your messages might be marked as reading, just leaving down during the list and opening them all once more one by one have also been known to determination this problem. This could take a few times but is value a try if you do not want to erase every message.

Even I also had the same problem only I don't appear to contain an option for sim messages what is your comment on this I feel like such an idiot the message menu icon just allow me into my inbox, sent box or drafts, near doesn't seem to be a great deal moreover and i've empty my inbox and sent box and it's still blinking! The battery is exhausting much faster than normal, is this linked or am I just a technological dumb?

Where did you locate the sim message?? Can you memorize the sub folder

I take my word back little chase and I have found "sim msgs" in a sub folder. now Icon no longer flashing. So my issue is solved right now
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitG View Post
    Even I also had the same problem only I don't appear to contain an option for sim messages what is your comment on this I feel like such an idiot the message menu icon just allow me into my inbox, sent box or drafts, near doesn't seem to be a great deal moreover and i've empty my inbox and sent box and it's still blinking! The battery is exhausting much faster than normal, is this linked or am I just a technological dumb?
    Its in menu/ messaging/ options/ sim messages

Hey I got new info I attempt all the on top of answer and didn't contain any messages on my sim card. finally establish it was an old email in my Gmail out box.

Many appreciation for the directions. After remove all the sim messages available from my old phone, the message icon have now disappeared thanks man