Thread: XBMC Remote Control application for Windows Phone 7

XBMC Remote Control application for Windows Phone 7

I have seen somewhere that somebody have created the XBMC Remote App I heard that it is capable to work with XBMC 10.0+. Furthermore It is said that this app has several extra and useful features. The app has complete support intended for pictures; you are able to download them from XBMC right toward your mobile phone, observe a slideshow on top of your mobile phone and have wide controls while playing them on top of the Media Center, similar to zooming as well as scrolling....

Re: XBMC Remote Control application for Windows Phone 7

XBMC Remote Control is in the Marketplace. For those who do not know what is XBMC: XBMC (formerly Xbox Media Center) is an open source media center, which is companionable with dissimilar OSs. It was initially written meant for the Xbox, except afterward versions of it for Windows, Mac as well as Linux. XBMC is the descendant to the previously accepted Xbox Media Player. It is intended to act like a media player for your TV. The GUI permits the user to effortlessly videos, photos, podcasts as well as music from the PC, local network and the Internet on the television by the use of remote control.

Your post is exactly right! I must say from the screenshots I am very impressed with your application! It all looks very slick. I myself am not a XBMC user (yet), but I'm sure there are forum members who have ears to have to use this program.

Despite the name is not on the XBox XBMC . It runs well on desktops, servers and even Linux Android, iPad, Apple TV, XBox, etc. So basically the only thing it does not (longer) run. I personally now about 2 years running on my media server (Ubuntu Linux server) and on my laptop (Windows 7). It's really cool stuff that I'm super happy about. It just looks really slick.

The update has just been released and adds some features and bug fixes to:
    • Visual improvements to the home page
    • Volume slider is adjusted and + and - buttons
    • Trial Mode has been added (app is fully functional but only a limited number of items can be viewed)
    • The jump-list is adjusted to be fully in line with Windows phone
    • The feedback from the remote, you can now opt for audio, vibration, or both not in the settings screen.

With Remote XMBC, totally free and open source app also (developed by the same team that brought XBMC), you can control the popular media center from your Android handset. There are countless features available, combined with well designed user interface and very attractive. Just to name a few, you can browse the library remotely control playback and adjust the volume directly with the phone's volume buttons. Not only that, if someone calls you while we are watching a movie or listening to music, his name is shown on the TV screen, the same happens to incoming messages, if desired, of course. In the future, developers would also put the ability to download media directly to the SD of the phone, as well as make it possible to watch / listen to streaming.

All those will take some time messing with computers, multimedia systems ... probably have a PC in the living room with a Media Center. XBMC MediaCenter is probably the best there is at this time.

Because there seems to be no simple, own functional and easy to use remote control for windows media center on windows mobile devices out there, but this software or app make it easy for Windows phone users. I hope that in future we will get more updates and more features from this app.

With Remote XMBC, totally free and open source application also (developed by the same team that brought XBMC), you can control the popular media center from your handset. There are countless features available, combined with well designed user interface and very attractive. Just to name a few, you can browse the library remotely control playback and adjust the volume directly with the phone's volume buttons. Not only that, if someone calls you while we are watching a movie or listening to music, his name is shown on the TV screen, the same happens to incoming messages, if desired, of course.

I am also planning to buy this application for the reason that With "XBMC Remote" to control the free-XBMC media center easily accessible from the Phone, using all possibilities of the media center from perfect.