Thread: Nokia 3250 dead while updating software

Nokia 3250 dead while updating software

I have nokia 3250 mobile phone. I like this phone very much and it is serving me very well since few days. Actually last week I was trying to update my phone with the latest firmware using nokia software updater but during that time the data connection got lost and my phone got dead. Now when I switch my phone on, I see a white screen and after 30 seconds my phone gets switched off automatically. I don’t know what to do now? Please someone help me to solve this issue. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Re: Nokia 3250 dead while updating software

I would like to know that what firmware you were actually trying to install? What do you think must have led to data connection according to you? Did your phone get switched off during that process? I assume that your phone must be having very minimum battery and it must have got switched off between the processes due to which the data must have lost. You must always ensure that the battery is full while updating the firmware.

I would say that check the battery of your phone once. I feel that the problem is not because of the battery but you must try to remove the battery form the phone for some seconds and then try to plug in. see whether the problem persists or not. If the problem persists then I assume that your motherboard has been affected and hence you are facing this issue.

I would say that charge your phone fully once. Then try to use the phone. You can try to reset the phone. I think this should help. Hard reset quite often resolves such issues.

I think your phone has been affected by some virus. It is possible that it got in your phone while updating. I would say that format your phone. Remove the sim card, memory card from the phone. Try to format the memory card once but first make sure that you some restore the data’s. Formatting will delete all the data from the phone. I hope you have a memory card reader at your home. You can use it and connect it to the computer, try to scan the reader to see for the virus. If any virus is found then remove it and format the memory card completely. After formatting I would suggest you to insert the memory card in the phone and restart the phone. See if the problem persists or no. it is possible that your memory card has got faulty. If this is the case then I think replacing the memory card with the new one is the only option if you have got.

Well I am having the same problem with my 3250 phone. I had to give my phone to the nokia service center after trying many thing s on my own but nothing helped me. They told me that the motherboard is having some issues and hence I need to change it. I got the mobile after few days and problem occurred again. I got very disappointed with nokia. So now I have decided to sell off the phone.

I would suggest you try to install the phone with latest firmware again. Keep trying doping it with phone fully charged. Don’t switch off your phone while doing this. Let the task complete first. Keep trying it happens. I am sure that it will get updated. I would say that download the firmware form the nokia website for your phone and get it downloaded. After downloading, get it installed in your phone using usb. I hope it works. Thank you

I think you should take your phone to the dealer from where you had purchased the phone. I hope your phone is in the warranty period. You can get the phone replaced if there are some major issues with the phone.

I had the same issue with my phone, I was very upset. I have always been a nokia fan and hence I have always got a nokia phone. This time phone really disappointed me. I was updating software and my phone accidently got switched off. After that when I turned my phone on, it got on but switched off again. I had a warning message while installing that makes sure that your phone doesn’t get disconnected or switches off. I didn’t follow the warning message and hence my phone got corrupted. Finally I after doing many thing s I had to change my ic. The hardware person told me that I need to change the ic. After changing the ic, my problem got resolved. I think you must get your ic changed.

I thinking changing ic would not help. I don’t think that this thing would have affected the ic anyway. But still I think you must confirm it once. So take your phone to the manufacturer and ask them to guide you.

I think that you should once get your phone flashed. Don’t try to do that on your own. Many people try to flash their cell phones by own and make a mess of the phone. It is very dangerous to flash your phone yourself. Just take your phone to the mobile repairing shop. You can also take your phone to the nokia service center. This is the last option for you.