Thread: Wimax tweaks for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Wimax tweaks for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I have found a lot of webistes which have given wimax settings for the Samsung Epic 4G but nowhere I could find the settings for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch why is that so, why don’t you all have any settings for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch? I need an answer for this please if you all have any information about the Wimax settings for the 4G then do let me know as soon as possible here only. Please do mention it by the post s icne it will be useful for all of us over here. that’s what I am saying here. please do let me know about the same as soon as possible.

Re: Wimax tweaks for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyn Chris View Post
    I have found a lot of webistes which have given wimax settings for the Samsung Epic 4G but nowhere I could find the settings for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch why is that so, why don’t you all have any settings for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch? I need an answer for this please if you all have any information about the Wimax settings for the 4G then do let me know as soon as possible here only. Please do mention it by the post s icne it will be useful for all of us over here. that’s what I am saying here. please do let me know about the same as soon as possible.
    I have got an interesting solution for you, hope so you will like it. so what I a m saying is that first go and turn on the 4g then in the dialer press ##3282#. Select wimax from the list of options. Now you will be asked to enter the msl and then select the appropriate extension as far as needed. Now the following settings will appear in front of you make the necessary cnahes that I am suggesting you.
    1) WiMAX_Entry_RX(RSSI)(dBm) the most recommended value for it is around -95 to -100.
    2) WiMAX_Exit_CINR(dB) now the value of the sigma you will have to keep upon the degrading value the default value that you will get to see is 2 and if it degareds then only shift the attention and move it to 2.
    3) WiMAX_Exit_Delay(s) the recommended value should be 5.
    So this is what you should do I hope that’s enough for you, that’s it from my side for you. hope so that’s enough for you.

Thanks that was a great piece of information that I got from you all worth appreciating, thanks a ton for that. One more question that I would like to ask you is that are the settings similar for the 3G as well? What do you think about it? any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyn Chris View Post
    Thanks that was a great piece of information that I got from you all worth appreciating, thanks a ton for that. One more question that I would like to ask you is that are the settings similar for the 3G as well? What do you think about it? any ideas?
    No not similar you need to press ##3282# and then only carry forwared the procedure but after reaching the settings you need to make minor changes i.e. let me explain you in steps.
    1) Change the value of RTSP Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
    2) Change the value of HTTPPD Proxy Port to 0
    3) Change the value of RTSP Proxy Port to 0
    4) Last but not the least chane the value of HTTPPD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0.
    So change it from the stock values to the current value that I have given you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    No not similar you need to press ##3282# and then only carry forwared the procedure but after reaching the settings you need to make minor changes i.e. let me explain you in steps.
    1) Change the value of RTSP Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
    2) Change the value of HTTPPD Proxy Port to 0
    3) Change the value of RTSP Proxy Port to 0
    4) Last but not the least chane the value of HTTPPD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0.
    So change it from the stock values to the current value that I have given you.
    Ok thanks a lot for the solution that you have given here, appreciate the help that you have showered here. so thanks a ton for the same, that’s what I am saying here. it should be great of that works out with the 3G as well, that’s what I am expecting.