Thread: Post your .config file of Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Post your .config file of Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Guys i am just ready with the new kernel I have almost compiled it but now I am stuck since the kernel is not booting at all. well the only mistake from my side was that I was not able to pull off the .config file from my phone. so what I want is that you all post the .config file here. believe me guys I am on the verge of the completion and if you can give or show me support for the same then it would be great for me. That’s for sure. so please do reply on the same I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.

Re: Post your .config file of Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by KSHaUNiSHa View Post
    Guys i am just ready with the new kernel I have almost compiled it but now I am stuck since the kernel is not booting at all. well the only mistake from my side was that I was not able to pull off the .config file from my phone. so what I want is that you all post the .config file here. believe me guys I am on the verge of the completion and if you can give or show me support for the same then it would be great for me. That’s for sure. so please do reply on the same I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same.
    Ok I would be very much happy to help you with the same but the thing is that I am not able to get the config file for the same if you would be able to tell me where to get the conifg file for the same. I would be very much ready to help you on the same.

Here you go with it
    zcat /proc/config.gz >> config.txt
    that’s the necessary config file that you were requiring hope so it turns out to be helpful for you.

Ok thanks for giving me that solution. Now what I want is that you all give me on the adb, if you want youcan download the adb if you have usb debugging then go to the settings, applications and development and then adb
    adb pull /proc/config.gz
    also you must be needing Samsung kites for that as well and then only post the config.gz here. so that’s what you should be doing, I know it’s a bit difficult for you but please help me

Ok thanks for giving me that solution. Now what I want is that you all give me on the adb, if you want youcan download the adb if you have usb debugging then go to the settings, applications and development and then adb
    adb pull /proc/config.gz
    also you must be needing Samsung kites for that as well and then only post the config.gz here. so that’s what you should be doing, I know it’s a bit difficult for you but please help me
    Well I did the same and then now it is showing that remote object '/proc/config.gz' does not exist. So what else should I do to give you the necessary confi g file for you. let me know.

It is not so easy to find the config file in the Samsung Epic 4G Touch, that’s a really difficult thing to do over here, so that’s what I am saying here. I have also checked the kernel to get some knowledge about the same and hence what I found is that I got the deconfig file and nothing else, I know that’s a biggest disappointment that I could have get. You know what guys if any of you all can get mean hold of that then do share with me as well, that will be better for me. that’s what I want to say here.