Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Touch source code revealed

Samsung Epic 4G Touch source code revealed

Just went through some of the websites and I got to hear that sprint people have decided to launch the source code for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch. So that’s what I am saying here. so for the confirmation I visited the official website of the Samsung and did found the information about the same the source code was actually revealed there. So that’s what I am saying here. so that’s a great thing done by the manufacturers now it is easy to hack that code and develop some custom kernels for the phone. that’s a great thing isn’t it? now I want your opinion on the same as if what do you all think about the same please do reply something on the same. I need your response on the same.

Re: Samsung Epic 4G Touch source code revealed

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    Just went through some of the websites and I got to hear that sprint people have decided to launch the source code for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch. So that’s what I am saying here. so for the confirmation I visited the official website of the Samsung and did found the information about the same the source code was actually revealed there. So that’s what I am saying here. so that’s a great thing done by the manufacturers now it is easy to hack that code and develop some custom kernels for the phone. that’s a great thing isn’t it? now I want your opinion on the same as if what do you all think about the same please do reply something on the same. I need your response on the same.
    Ok I am waiting to get that root so that I will be able to fix up my phone as soon as possible. That’s what I am saying here. now that’s what I want to say here. did anyone was able to flash up the phone with the help of this then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here, that will be great for me. that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Su^Raj View Post
    Ok I am waiting to get that root so that I will be able to fix up my phone as soon as possible. That’s what I am saying here. now that’s what I want to say here. did anyone was able to flash up the phone with the help of this then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here, that will be great for me. that’s what I am saying here.
    You know what once you get the source code then flashing is a very simple process, just port the recovery and then go ahead with the flash. It is so simple nothing to think about it. that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Erie View Post
    You know what once you get the source code then flashing is a very simple process, just port the recovery and then go ahead with the flash. It is so simple nothing to think about it. that’s what I am saying here.
    That is right but it is not simple the one that you are saying it to be, that’s what I want to say here. yes it is very much simple to say that you have got the source code and then you are going ahead with the flashing process, that’s not simple process at all. that’s what I want to say here. so if you have got some simple steps for which I will be able to take the help of the source code and then go ahead with the process then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here, do let me know about the same, so that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by lust-rous View Post
    That is right but it is not simple the one that you are saying it to be, that’s what I want to say here. yes it is very much simple to say that you have got the source code and then you are going ahead with the flashing process, that’s not simple process at all. that’s what I want to say here. so if you have got some simple steps for which I will be able to take the help of the source code and then go ahead with the process then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here, do let me know about the same, so that’s what I am saying here.
    Yes it is very much simple you know Samsung has provided us with unlocked bootloader and also now with the source code which makes the flashing a very simple process. All you have to do is decide on which partition you need to recover it. that’s it. I hope now it makes you feel this process is a simple one.

Quote Originally Posted by Algonkin View Post
    Yes it is very much simple you know Samsung has provided us with unlocked bootloader and also now with the source code which makes the flashing a very simple process. All you have to do is decide on which partition you need to recover it. that’s it. I hope now it makes you feel this process is a simple one.
    If that is so simple then I would not mind giving a try for the same , so that’s what I am saying here, I did not knew that it would be so much simple for the first time I am feeling proud to be a Samsung owner. So that’s what the greatest feature implemented for the Samsung users. I think. I would advise all of them to give a try for the same method and come back to me if this method does works well or not. That’s what I want to say here.

I would like to add some small changes in the existing method that you have described here, so what I am saying is that you don’t need to port recovery for that it is not needed at all. that’s what I feel. what you should do is that go and change the ramdisk/initramfs so that you would be able to push SU files in the system. after having done that it will be rooted for sure. simple!