Thread: USB on-the-go (HOST) not working with the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

USB on-the-go (HOST) not working with the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I hope you all must have read the title very well, now what I want is that can you all please tell me if anyone has got this working and if the answer is positive then how? I need an answer for this. I am quite sure that you all will be having some solution for the same. so that’s why I asking this help from you all. I ordered that from the amazon website and nothing happens when I do connect my phone with the FAT 32 formatted thumb drive. So that’s the issue here, I am wondering what is the exact problem over here, any suggestions for the same then please do comment something on the same. waiting for the necessary help from you all. so do reply over here.

Re: USB on-the-go (HOST) not working with the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    I hope you all must have read the title very well, now what I want is that can you all please tell me if anyone has got this working and if the answer is positive then how? I need an answer for this. I am quite sure that you all will be having some solution for the same. so that’s why I asking this help from you all. I ordered that from the amazon website and nothing happens when I do connect my phone with the FAT 32 formatted thumb drive. So that’s the issue here, I am wondering what is the exact problem over here, any suggestions for the same then please do comment something on the same. waiting for the necessary help from you all. so do reply over here.
    Well the thing is that as soon as you connect the cable with the phone then you do get a pop up message saying that it is connected that’s the indication that the usb host cable is connected with the phone to the system. many of the Smartphone’s from the Samsung including the galaxy 2 had claimed that the cable does work well with it and hence they have said the same for the Epic 4G Touch as well. Now what I am saying is that if they are claiming it to run then why it isn’t running that is something that I am not able to understand at all. so that’s what I want to say here. from the videos that I have seen the cable seems to be only working with the demo videos and nothing else. So still not anyone who has claimed that the particular usb cable is working with it, a lot has to be left and seen into it.

I just go to hear that OTG host capabilities were not there with some of the service providers and hence it is said that AT&T will be soon coming up with the service as soon as possible. Yes that can be a case where such type of feature have been disabled by the particular service provider and hence you don’t get to see them in your phone.

Yes the review models did happened to work with the USB host don’t know what’s the problem with the models that are available in the stores. So I am not able to understand that, i don’t know what must have gone wrong with it, although I am not having the Samsung Epic 4G Touch still I feel that there should be not much difference between what’s given in the review and what are available in stores that’s what I feel. so what do you all have to say about it guys? Any clue to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    Yes the review models did happened to work with the USB host don’t know what’s the problem with the models that are available in the stores. So I am not able to understand that, i don’t know what must have gone wrong with it, although I am not having the Samsung Epic 4G Touch still I feel that there should be not much difference between what’s given in the review and what are available in stores that’s what I feel. so what do you all have to say about it guys? Any clue to it.
    Looking at the scenario that you have described here. looks to me as a issue with the firmware and hence that’s what I think would be the issue. so may be a firmware update will soon come from the providers soon. That’s what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    Looking at the scenario that you have described here. looks to me as a issue with the firmware and hence that’s what I think would be the issue. so may be a firmware update will soon come from the providers soon. That’s what I am hoping for.
    Why don’t you all guys think that it can be the issue with the bad cables, you know what that can be a issue as well In the situations like these. So that’s what I am saying here. hope you do understand what I am saying here. so do look out for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    Why don’t you all guys think that it can be the issue with the bad cables, you know what that can be a issue as well In the situations like these. So that’s what I am saying here. hope you do understand what I am saying here. so do look out for the same.
    I am 100% sure that sprint might have disabled this feature from the phone and hence that’s the reason why the cables are not working well with the phone. That’s for sure. See the same case had happened with the Motorola xoom as well when it had released the manufacturers had claimed that they have got the usb working with it but it was not the case so things like these do happen frequently and that was a sad part of the phone. Hope so the same thing does not happen with the Samsung people as well over here, that’s what I am hoping for. So that’s what I want to say here. well rest I want to say is that its all upon the developers to think about it and make the necessary adjustments to it.

See there is a very simple logic for it, now what I am saying is that if the host is disabled there then there is no question of showing it In the phone at all, that’s my strong feeling over here, so that’s what I want to say here. hope you did get the necessary information on the same, that’s what I am saying here.

Yes Samsung people had changed the information that they had mentioned in the Samsung website micro USB to USB cable also their preference changed to Att and T-Mobile variants. So you might not know anything can happen with the feature. So unless and until the people from the service providers decides to make this feature available till then it will not be made implemented, that’s what I am saying here. so hope you have got the necessary information on the same.

Ok thanks for all the information that you all have given here, appreciate the help everyone. Thanks a ton for the same. well what I am saying is that if you all are talking about the firmware then I think they should take this matter seriously since it is affecting a lot of my work. That’s the issue here.