Thread: How to enable phone’s Mic after plugging an earphone in my Samsung Focus?

How to enable phone’s Mic after plugging an earphone in my Samsung Focus?

I am using Samsung Focus now. It is real an awesome phone, but I found this phone is lagging with one thing. Before this I had used Blackberry and iPhone and in both when I was plugging an earphone, which didn’t had Mic, then I was able to talk using the phone’s Mic, during the calls and the person at the opposite side was able to hear my voice very clearly without any problem. But, in my Samsung Focus, when I plug that earphone, then during the call I can just hear the voice from the opposite side but cannot talk using the phone’s Mic. This is just terrible. Is there any way, to enable my phone’s built in Mic, when a earphone is plugged in? Or do I need to buy a new earphone for it? If I have to buy a new earphone, then I would have to say it is really a negative point of this phone.

Re: How to enable phone’s Mic after plugging an earphone in my Samsung Focus?

I am also using Samsung Focus and I also have experienced this it. But, in my previous phone’s also I didn’t saw such thing where I can use phone’s Mic even after plugging an earphone to it. But, if there is really any trick to enable phone’s Mic when an earphone is plugged in it, then I will really like to know that.

I don’t think that it will be possible to enable Mic when an earphone is plugged in your phone. It depends on phone to phone that Mic is disabled or not when an earphone is plugged. I think buying a new earphone will not be a great deal for you to talk with your relatives, and also I think you have got an earphone with your Samsung Focus also, when you bought it, you can use that also.

Yes, some of the phones have this feature built in them and if they don’t have that feature then you can never use that.

Actually, it depends on, which minijack you are making use of. Some of them make contact with with the Mic ring and because of that your phone thinks that the earphone that you connected has an inbuilt Mic and therefore it disables the Phone’s Mic. That’s the case with your Samsung Focus. And you have no option other than buying a new earphone which has Mic with it, if you don’t have such earphone.