Thread: AT&T signal quality is poor with Samsung Focus

AT&T signal quality is poor with Samsung Focus

I am using Samsung Focus with AT&T in New England The signal at this time through the Samsung Focus is terrible, continuously losing calls, signal vary from 4 bars 3G change to edge and then loses signal completely. throughout this the call superiority gets increasingly poorer. They can't appear to repair the difficulty so they alleged they would find me a new phone. They did lately have me replace the Sim on top of that a multitude of additional things that haven't worked.

I was just doubt what is the most excellent Smartphone they at present that has high-quality signal I do require a Smartphone but one that doesn't drop calls every the time. I'm not distant from a tower here and other phones I have had work well here although the Samsung Focus just isn't functioning out. I do love the Samsung Focus for the majority and wouldn't mind one more Window 7 phone providing the signal isn't a issue . If I have switch to Android that's okay too, even though that would be my final option.

Re: AT&T signal quality is poor with Samsung Focus

What I suggest is you should think about that in your region the signal strength may just be awful, for your carrier. except you contain additional motive to believe unusual. In any case, you are probable to hear biased view on this topic. What I be able to tell from my knowledge, is that phones with stronger antennas have enhanced reception although not essentially good call quality. I establish out that for me, the most excellent sound quality was in Sony Ericsson phones. Though, that was back in Symbian period.

Well I like to add One significant thoughtto know from the start is distinguish between reception and call quality.as good reception supposed to insure high-quality call quality, that isn't essentially the case. As it also depends on the hardware of the phone terrible or low class ear piece. but, a good call quality depends on the signal power.

well-built transmitter typically means superior SAR (radiation).I can mainly positively say the Samsung Focus doesn't outclass in call superiority and I've heard far improved. It is sensibly satisfactory.

I like to share this with you after reading what you people said My friends have come up to over here with AT&T as their supplier and they contain high-quality signal and don't drop calls. I was now out yesterday in recognized good 3g region in my city and missed 2 calls out of 3.I'm going to acquire a fresh phone. I have a discussion with AT&T yesterday and they force me do a hard reset on the phone. I tell him I've previously done that although I did it once more. They are calling back Friday to observe how things are going and if not anything has altered he said they will give me a fresh phone. I did inform him I don't desire one more Samsung Focus as this is my 6th one. I just anticipate they provide me a option and don't try to go by off a 2 year old phone on me. with anticipation the thing has high-quality call excellence

Hey try to keep this phone until the next month as I have heard somewhere that fresh phones with Mango will be approaching out and perhaps one of them will be superior for you. Have you seek a Microcell perhaps one of them in your residence will put together the phone much more bearable. That's what I do however only since AT&T gifted it to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fox28 View Post
    Hey try to keep this phone until the next month as I have heard somewhere that fresh phones with Mango will be approaching out and perhaps one of them will be superior for you. Have you seek a Microcell perhaps one of them in your residence will put together the phone much more bearable. That's what I do however only since AT&T gifted it to me
    That is great info I will definitely talking to AT&T regarding a microcell. Their own tech department recommended it. I still will drop calls outer of my residence but at least I might do dealing here. At initial the customer service individual told I can get a free one as of all my problem but he just up date me I'd have to reimburse for it. I tell him no, that following 6 months of dreadful service and regular lost calls so as to they must give it for free. I tell them both a new phone other than the Samsung Focus allow me escape of my contract or a microcell. I'm looking for supervisor to call me reverse. 6 months of poor service I have a sense I'll be change to Verizon soon.

I don't have actual knowledge with a most of AT&T's listings, however I do discover that my Dell Streak is catching much healthier signal in places mostly on my office than my Samsung Focus as regularly the entire back of that beast is a massive metal antenna cover

I am also facing the same problem with vodafone and o2, tried htc legend, htc desire HD, htc desire s, and getting interrupt throughout a call and the signal is forever unpredictable

You always have the option get a microcell at the present all my phones work immense in the house With a microcell you can make use of the phone you would like as an alternative of having to give up phones with lots of functionality and miserable response, which is every Smartphone I've ever owned