Thread: How can I change Lock Screen in my Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

How can I change Lock Screen in my Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

Yesterday I bought this Samsung Epic 4G Touch, and I think it is really a nice phone. I liked almost everything about it but one thing that I didn’t liked is its Lock screen. So, I want to change it. If anyone can help me changing this Lock Screen then it will be great for me. I feel it little stupid, the movement of having to haul the wallpaper off the screen. So, if you can provide me any help for this, then please reply.

Re: How can I change Lock Screen in my Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

Yes, I also feel that bit annoying, because I don’t like that lock screen. I searched for everywhere then I found an application which you can use, if you don’t like that lock screen. So, just download ‘Widget locker’ and then use it. I hope it helps you. If you get any further problem then also you can reply.

Yes, I also agree with you that, this lock screen is the worst lock screen that I have seen till now. I think they didn’t even seek to make better lock screen. However, I haven’t downloaded ‘Widget locker’, therefore I can’t say that it will work or not, but I am sure that root can be a solution for this. According to what I think, if we try deleting their lockscreen.apk then I think it should default to the standard android pull tabs.

I am not able to understand, what is the thing that you all do not like in this Lock Screen? I like everything of this Epic 4G Touch. And, If you will ask me, then personally I would say that I really like this lock screen, and when I was using Epic 4G then I had this lock screen by my choice. If you really don’t anything in this phone, then I would say that just wait till the root for this device comes after that you can easily change its lock screen.

No need of root and no need to download Widget locker. Here is a tested solution for you. I also don’t like this lock screen and therefore I was searching for any work around for this, then I found that if we add a lock pattern then it will override the current lock screen or you can also get any of the available lock screens which you can find in the market. If you really don’t like then you should try this. I tried it and found it working. I hope this solution works for you also.

Here is another solution for the overriding the current Lock Screen. just change it to either pin or pattern.

add a lock pattern then it will override the current lock screen or you can also get any of the available lock screens which you can find in the market.
    Thanks for providing this solution. You don’t know how much I was searching for this solution, But finally I got this from you.
    just change it to either pin or pattern.
    I think it is so stupid of that the pin will override the loc-Screen.