Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Touch is Extremely Slow Screen Wake Up

Samsung Epic 4G Touch is Extremely Slow Screen Wake Up

I have bought this phone yesterday evening. Lovely phone with great features and all but I have notice its first fault hope it’s not permanent observe that the phone take lengthy holdup between pressing the power key and the screen waking up. While it is plug up in there is no interruption at all. The delay happens when the phone is detached from a power source. It is as regards a 2 second wait. Is somebody else experience this Best Buy didn't have an additional unit and the Sprint store was ineffective and wouldn't unplug their demo unit to evaluate. I see a thread about the standard Galaxy S II, but not anything on Samsung Epic 4G precise.
    Thanks.

Re: Samsung Epic 4G Touch is Extremely Slow Screen Wake Up

I am also facing this same problem and I am guessing this is because of using SD Card wallpaper though I am. Not certain if that affect stuff.

I am using the same phone Epic 4G Touch and don’t notice any delays on mine but I hope it’s do matter that much

I am have same problem and I am using the. I'm using stock wallpaper so it’s something else but not the SD card access problem

Well hope this will explain what the problem Deep sleep form means that the processor is precisely off, provided the phone doesn't have any application to run although the screen is off. It’s completely expected for your phone to wake up right away when plugged in, since that's how Samsung build in the galaxy . No need to deep sleep when the phone's is charging. By limiting your phone from inactive which also referred to as wake lock oblige your processor to run for zero, most probable at 200mhz. I approximation you'll end up shaving off about 5 hours of battery time.

Hey found the solution like to share with all Downloaded Soft Locker free of charge which it let the phone to immediately wake with no holdup by go around a deep sleep mode. I'm uncertain concerning how damaging this is to the battery, but at slightest it's a fix the issue. I'd still be fond of to know if all Samsung Epic 4G Touch phones have the wake up lag, though.

Not worth for me, just learn to deal with 1 sec it get to wake up the phone I think it hilarious that you've installed an app that now make your phone do something that is normally known as a bug and a lot of people spend their time trying to squash.

There are number of threads I have seen the many if not many many of post I have seen the lot of developers that have all pursue wake-lock bugs are all shocked right now. many if not lot of man hours have gone into running after the wake-lock issue down on a lot of devices in ROMs, in essential part in contradictory apps. For years. Sometimes it’s straightforward; sometimes it's given up on totally. Lol

I have seen it too on my Samsung Epic 4G Touch , however it isn't too awful of a delay. Not snappy like the HTC EVO 4G but not a deal breaker, not on this.

Thanks for such a warm reception but My earlier Android phones Evo 3D didn’t contain any delay whatever, which is the source of the original post. The power of the Galaxy S2 phones is pretty much well-known, which is why I'm astonished about this power saving characteristic. Evaluation boast rapid boot times, but I would dispute that a usual wake time is much more functional and sensible to have. I do appreciate the basic principle that a great phone eat lots of battery, but that didn't make any additional dual core phone I've seen require this safety measure. Thus, why is it that others pass by this attribute if it eventually save a lot battery that Samsung has finished it a default quality on their most recent phones

Even I was having the same problem and I Moved the picture from SD card to internal storage Open in using my files and set as lock screen