Thread: PS3 not connecting with Linksys E4200

PS3 not connecting with Linksys E4200

I am having a E4200 and I am able to connect it to my Viao without any problem and quickly as well but I am not able to connect my PS3 to it sometime The connection goes low and sometimes it doesn't even connects. I have tried to change a no of wetting but nothing seems to be helping. Is there anyone who has tried this before and can help me to sort this out? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

re: PS3 not connecting with Linksys E4200

I don’t have a much idea about it but you can just Try to change the wireless channel on the router in order to check whether you are able to connect your PS3 on the network but if this does not work then just try to reset the router also try to reconfigure the router as well. You can do this by just Press and holding the rest button for 30 seconds after you do this wait for a minute and then just Power cycle the router and just reconfigure it. I think this should probably help you out with your problem. Best of luck

I don’t think that there is an option to perform such type of connection, are you try to configure it using a wire? Because The PS3 features a Gigabit Ethernet card. I have also not heard about this type of connection as well, are you having anything between your PS3 and the router which you think that they can interfere. I also have a PS3 but I have run it wired by now but to solve your issue I try to run it wireless and will let you know if I come across these problem.

You can connect your PS3 to the router using the wireless connection and I am saying this because I have done this before and have even connected it as well. As far as my knowledge your problem might be the distance between your router and your PS3 it might be too long for the router to connect with it as we all now it has a particular range to connect to other device so just try to reduce the distance between your router and the PS3 and then again try to connect and id the router is able to get the signal properly than it will surely complete the connection process properly.

Even I am having the same problem while using E4200 I don’t know why it is just unstable with PS3 even I am trying to do it wireless and I have also tried both firmware’s but they have not yet made any difference and whenever I am trying to download anything I don’t know what is stopping me after few seconds and after some time it just disconnects from the PSN.I don’t think that MTU size matters as I have tried 1300-1500, 5GHz disabled, 2,4GHz G only, I have also disabled the DMZ and have also changed my fire wall to on and off but I have not succeeded by anyway. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

I am using e4200 with 1.0.01 firmware and I have connected it wirelessly to my PS3 and it is just working so fine and I don’t even have any problem while streaming movies using Netflix, I have even downloaded more games for my Playstation from the playstation store. I think that you should try to get any inexpensive router then flash dd-wrt on it and then try to use it as a client bridge where you can wire up the PS3.I think this should work for you if in case there is any kind of problem in going wrong in your router.

There might be some kind of compatibility problem of PS3 with the e4200 as I have tried connecting my PS3 with WRT54GS and it had worked fine with it but when I am doing the same with E4200 following the same setting it not working the same way.I don’t know why it keeps failing every time.I have not faced any kind of such problem with my WRT54GS so I think that it just a kind of compatibility issue which just does not allow it to connect.

I don’t think that there might be any compatibility issue with it but I am not getting the exact problem as well but you can try reflashing your firmware and then go for the reset action by pressing and holding the reset button for 30seconds just try to change any kind of settings but if it still does not work then you van just you try to get another E4200 and then try to connect it with it or else try to connect it to other PS3.You should be able to at least spot your problem in order to solve it..

As far as I know this problem does not seems related to signal because you can get a 100% signal even though you have the low transmission power if you have already tried both firmware’s and have tried resetting the thing as well then I think the PS3fat wireless hardware isn't compatible with the E4200 and I am saying this because I have seen similar problems under Google search where the main reason for such problem have been hardware.