Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505-13X: need help in BIOS update for Linux

Toshiba Satellite L505-13X: need help in BIOS update for Linux

Hey hi, I am using Toshiba Satellite L505-13X and it is working fine. Recently I had seen for the latest BIOS update for the Satellite L505-13X. I want to know that will this run in my laptop, because it is an .exe file. And also I would like to know that is this necessary to update? I am asking this because I have the overheating issue. And for resolving that I searched on the forums ant I found over there that update will help in this case. Please suggest me.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505-13X: need help in BIOS update for Linux

I think that this update will run on your system and I also think that this will help in resolving your problem. But let me tell you one thing that all the updates for the Toshiba are checked with the windows only because Toshiba doesn’t support Linux. So I think that this thing ill might be some risky for you, so I will suggest you to try this update only with after installing the windows to your system. And one thing also is that BIOS updates are not necessary if all things are running fine to your system. Also because of this update will be little risky for the Linux user. And let me tell you something about your issue that is if you are not having these overheating issues with your windows then your update will not help you in this case. There must be some problem with your Linux.

Ok, after following the suggestion I found that this thing is Major Linux Kernel bug. And friend thanks you very much for your suggestion. Now I have decided that I will leave the BIOS as it is. If again I found this type of the problem then I have decided for using the windows instead of the Linux. And if the issue will not get solve then I will try to take report over here also. I am sure that at that time also you all will help me.

Yes I also think that you are right that bios update is necessary when all thing in your system is running fine. Because I had done this type of the update and found that nothing happens to the performance of the system.

Yes, I also will recommend you the same that don’t go for the BIOS update if all things are working well. And if you still thinking for the update then you will be on some risk. I am telling you this thing because all things are working fine and after the update it might happens that system is not able to configure some of the drivers which are old in your system, because new update for the BIOS will have the new compatibility of the software. Now it’s totally up to that what decision you are taking for the BIOS update.