Thread: Sony VGC-JS110J case removal

Sony VGC-JS110J case removal

I got an Sony VGC-JS110J desktop for repair. I just want to open it up and wipe out dust inside the same replacing some parts inside the same. I had all stuff with me. But I am not able to pen the backside of the same. I tried to look on many reference guides, but can anyone quickly tell me how to open it.

Re: Sony VGC-JS110J case removal

It is just like an laptop. You had seen sometime in a laptop there are hidden screws. This are located behind some stickers or any hidden part. I will recommend you not to open this if your system is under warranty. If not and you are enough aware to open and fix the same back, then you can go forward. Look closely for hidden screws and latches that can open the same. You will need some special kind of tools that can help you to remove the locks without breaking it. Sometime if you forcefully tries to open the locks the get breaked easily due to plastic and delicate design. Look for more screws which might be hidden somewhere. I use some pointed material and wipe the
    same over the sticker to get an hidden screen behind the same. This can make your job easier to find the same. Try it out. Also once check below rubber bumpers. This are located somewhere backside or below. They too have screws underneath it.

It is simple, remove the back cover and you can see all the screws below that panel only. Check for the corners first and remove the stand. Below the stand on the edge you can see more screws.

I had seen a video on youtube for the same. Why don't you check that. It gives you all the location of screws that are located on this all in one desktop. Mostly many of them are on the backside itself. When everything is unscrewed properly you can see the back panel coming out easily. There is very limited space inside it. What you are trying to add. Mostly you you can get a new cd drive for the same. There are proper latches for each hardware along with screws. When you remove those latches you might also need to remove the screws. So just take care that you did not break anything. If you are not aware better go with some videos. There are ample of videos which provides you upgrade information on the all in one desktop. Keep the screws safe somewhere so that you cannot loose the same.

Many of use fails to check the screw which is behind the desktop stand. When you remove it there are around two screws located in that place. Others are mostly visible.

The desktop is very nicely designed and all hardware are properly fitted on the same with appropriate enclosure. I just tried once to upgrade the hard drive of this desktop and it took me hours for the same. First of all those hidden screws. I found a video on you-tube which helped a lot. Then the hard drive is fixed with an enclosure over the desktop. This is locked by some latches and screws. You have to check properly the screws and then only you can remove the hard drive out of it. The back-panel is first job to get properly out. Others are more tiring.

There is no better reference manual provided right now for the same. I tried to download the user manual from the official website, but the same is giving error on it.

You can try contact Sony for the same. I think that will be a better solution, instead of doing the same with your own hard. You can spoil something, if yo do not have better tools or knowledge to deal with same.