Thread: Can I rewrite Toshiba satellite M10 BIOS through crisis recovery mode?

Can I rewrite Toshiba satellite M10 BIOS through crisis recovery mode?

About one year ago my laptop freezes while BIOS and I reported this to the service center and they told me to change the BIOS but the cost was around same to get a new one. So, I bought a new one for me which I am using currently. I read a lot about CRISIS RECOVERY MODE and therefore I tried to check my died laptop after one year. My satellite M100 is able to boot in the Crisis recovery mode but it failed to read the USB KEY. I created USB flash key through the CRISDISK 1.0.0.4 program except I am not certain that I did it perfect way. So I want to ask that if it is true that we can rewrite the BIOS through the crisis recovery mode. Thank you for your reply in advance.

Re: Can I rewrite Toshiba satellite M10 BIOS through crisis recovery mode?

I am not sure about this but this can be the problem with the USB Flash Drive. I do not believe that the old Phoenix BIOS will encompass the native low level support intended for the USB Mass Storage device. You might need to have the USB Floppy Disk Drive for this.

As it is already suggested to try with the USB FDD in place of USB key. I would like to tell you that the USB key is just supported on latest notebook models except as per my knowledge USB FDD will be supported for any old notebook. It is very essential that you must know that what you are doing. This is a tricky as well as dangerous process and in worst case you might destroy the entire ROM module but if you previously have a new notebook I don’t believe it’s difficult for you.

I can only say that this is not possible. Anyway you can try with the above posted solutions and see if any of that helps you.

Today's major brands are used AWARD BIOS, written by AWARD and AMI Software that is produced by American Megatrends International. The methods used to recover the BIOS in each case are slightly different and must be identified first before we proceed BIOS. To identify the BIOS (if we do not know what is) we can read the label has stuck, read the manual (does everybody do it?) Or contact the manufacturer.

To restore your BIOS simply copy a picture of a BIOS to a disk and rename it as AMIBOOT.ROM, insert the disk into the drive and reboot the machine, after about four minutes you will hear 4 beeps, remove the disc and reboot the machine, your BIOS should be restored. If your BIOS is AWARD the procedure is similar but slightly more complicated. To recover an AWARD BIOS you need to create a disk with a BIOS image in BIN format, the update utility