Thread: High temperature on Toshiba Satellite M640

High temperature on Toshiba Satellite M640

Below is the specification of the computer that I am using:
    • Processor and Graphics: Intel Core i5-460M Processor 2.53 GHz (2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 3MB Cache
    • Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset
    • Mobile Intel HD Graphics with 64MB – 1696MB dynamically allocate shared graphics memory
    • Memory Configured with 4GB DDR3 (max 8GB)

I was playing the left4dead2 on this laptop and the problem is that the temperature of this goes more than 100 degrees and while it is idle then the temperature is just 50 C. Is this harmful for the laptop and should I do something to get it resolved. Please help me with this.

Re: High temperature on Toshiba Satellite M640

Are facing some other problem while playing the game? If yes then it can be problematic and you need o do something to get this resolved but if there is no problem other than temperature then you can continue with that and if you want then you can use a good cooling pad for that.

I would like to tell you that if the temperature of the system goes very high then it will automatically turn off to save the hardware damage. It is made in that way to protect the system. As far as I know that there is no tool available from Toshiba from which we can check the exact temperature of the system. Therefore if you are making use of some third party tool then it might not show you the exact temperature and you will get wrong information. I hope that any such tool will be available from Toshiba soon.

Just contact to the Toshiba and ask them about this problem. They will tell you that what is the reason for this and how this can be resolved. This is the best source to get the solution for this.