Thread: Toshiba StorE Art 3.5 is not detected by notebook

Toshiba StorE Art 3.5 is not detected by notebook

I am with the Toshiba StorE Art 3.5 1TB. I use this with my Toshiba notebook and that is working great with that. There is no problem with this whenever I connect that with this notebook but when I tried to connect that with the HP notebook which is running Windows 7 64 bit then I ‘found that there is some grave issue with that. 9 out of 10 times the connection to the hard drive fails and it results nothing. It looks like there is nothing attached to the notebook. This is very weird and I need to get this solved. I am sure that there is no problem with the hard drive as it is working with the hp notebook. If you are having anything that can help me then please post that over here. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Toshiba StorE Art 3.5 is not detected by notebook

So you are saying that the hard drive is working fine with the Toshiba notebook and it is just having problem with the hp notebook. So this is clear case that there is some problem with the other notebook. So you are very correct that there is no problem from the hard drive.

If hard drive is working well then you can check for the cables and connectors used with the hard drive. I am saying this because it is possible that the cable that you are using to connect the drive with the computer is corrupted and because of that you are getting this issue. I hope that you will be out of this issue after changing the connecting cable.

Changing the connector is a god idea and it must be given a try to see whether it helps to you to solve the problem. Other than this if it is not working then you can simply contact to the manufacture support and ask them for this problem. They will tell you that what is the problem with this drive and what is the way to get this problem solved. This will be the best way to prefer and I am quite sure that this problem will be solved.

I have seen many of the similar cases like this and there is one common thing that I found about them and that is they all have Windows 7 operating system in the notebook. So I am concluding that it is not compatible with the Windows 7. That is what the reason that I cans say.

There is possibility that it is due to outdated or corrupted chipset driver and if this is the case then you must update that to the latest version available. Other than this, it can be because of some software that is installed in your computer (we don’t know that what are the software you have installed in your computer) causing this issue. This is one of the most probable possibilities for this. So you can simply uninstall any software that you have installed in your computer.

If the USB port where you are connecting the drive is not working properly then also you might get such problem. There must be additional USB port in the laptop, so you can connect that in other port to see if it is getting detected by the system.

Almost all the possible solutions for this are already posted and after this also if you are getting problem with the connection then I am sure that problem is not with the laptop. It is with the hard drive that you are using. So it will be bests for you contact the manufacturer and ask them about this issue. See if this is under warranty or not. If it is under warranty then they will fix or replace it with the new unit without any extra cost. So if you have tried with all the suggestions above and none of them worked for you then you can do this.

I think that the installed operating system that is Windows 7 in the laptop is corrupted and so cannot recognize the hard drive. So, for this you can do reinstallation of the Windows 7 and that can let you out of this issue.