Thread: Unable to connect internet using windows Vista in Toshiba Satellite P300

Unable to connect internet using windows Vista in Toshiba Satellite P300

Hi guys I am using Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop in my laptop I was using Windows Vista operating system and my system was infected by virus so I have formatted my laptop and after that I have installed windows Vista operating system again and after installing the Windows vista in laptop I am not able to connect the internet.

I have tried to solve this issue but still not joy. Please help me with this.

Re: Unable to connect internet using windows Vista in Toshiba Satellite P300

First you have to go to the my computer and after that you have to right click there and after that you have to click on the properties and after going in to the properties you have to open the device manger and then check whether you there is any exclamation mark on the LAN device or not. if there is exclamation mark then there might be something wrong with the drivers. you may have not installed the drivers.

yes I am also agree with the above solution and I will first suggest you to check whether you have installed the drivers or not. if you have to not installed the drivers then you have t o insert the drivers CD of your Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop and after inserting the drivers CD of your laptop you have to you have to install the LAN drivers. Now after installing the LAN drivers you have to check whether you are able to use the internet or not.

If you are trying to connect the internet with the help of the WIFI then you have to install the wireless drivers for your Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop and if you have installed the wireless drivers already then you check whether you have network name and password correctly. Because most of the time this type of issue occurs because of the wrong name and password. you have to also try to connect the internet after disabling the firewall and antivirus from your laptop.

try above solution and after that let me know what is the situation. if you want to know anything more then let me know.

if you are using the internet with the modem then you have to select the automatic detect IP address option in the TCP/IP propertied and after that check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. I think this trick will solve this issue.

if you want to select the automatics address option then you have to follow this steps.

• First you have to right click on the network icon which you will find on the system trey icon,
    • Now after that you have to click on the click on the network adapters.
    • After that you have to right click on the local area network icon and after that you have to click on the properties.
    • After selecting the properties you have to click on the TCP/IP option and after that click on the properties.
    • now you have to select the automatically detect the IP address option.
    • I think after that internet will start in your Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop.

As far as I know you are facing this problem because of the drivers. if you have already installed the drivers for the LAN and other then you have to first you have to uninstall the LAN drivers from your Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop and after uninstalling the drivers you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to download the LAN drivers from the official site of the Toshiba and after downloading after downloading the drivers from the internet you have to install it in your Toshiba Satellite P300 and after installing the LAN drivers you have to check whether you are able to use the internet with your laptop or not.

in case of wireless connection you have to download the wireless LAN drivers and wireless LAN client manger from the internet and after downloading the drivers you have to install it in your laptop and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. I hope after installing all the latest drivers you will be able to solve this issue.

Well I have gone through your solution and after going through your solution I have first tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the drivers in my Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop and after reinstalling the drivers also I was also dfacing the same problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by downloading the update drivers from the internet and after installing the updated drivers also same problem was coming.

I have also turn off the firewall and antivirus and after that also I was not able to connect the internet. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Have you tried to reset your modem and then doing all the setting again? if you have not tried this trick then you have to first reset your modem and after that you have to do all the setting again and after that try to connect the internet in your Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop.

same thing happen with me also. I was using my laptop with dual OS. Whenever I connect the internet from the windows Vista at that time I was not able to connect the internet and whenever I try to connect the internet from Linux at that time I was not facing any problem. now after that I have contact the Toshiba service center and after that they have told me that problem is with my OS and after that I have take the backup of all my data and after taking the backup I have installed the fresh copy of the windows Vista in my laptop and after that my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

I have referred your solution and after referring that I have first tried to solve this issue by resetting the modem and after resetting the modem also I was getting the same issue and after that I have installed the fresh copy of the windows vista again in my laptop and then problem solved.