Thread: Toshiba PX1267E-1G32 external HDD cannot be detected

Toshiba PX1267E-1G32 external HDD cannot be detected

I am halving the PX1267E-1G32 external HDD which I am using from last 1 year and that worked well for that time. But from last few days, it started showing me some issues with that. I can see that the data traffic light is on and it is flashing red/blue. When I attach that to my computer then it makes the sound as it is connected and after a few seconds, it again creates a sound as it is disconnected. It keeps on repeating this on every now and then. Can somebody tell that what is going on with this or some way to get it resolved.

Re: Toshiba PX1267E-1G32 external HDD cannot be detected

Are you having the external FP on the same port all the times? Other than this, you can also try to uninstall the FP from the device manager and restart the system to see if that works for you or not?

I want to tell you that the Western Digital harddisk which is inside is still fine and all you require to have is the T-molex connector as well as a male/female molex cable so that it can work. Otherwise, you can make use of the male IDE cable, if you can get this through the male/female molex cable. Just open external case and after that disconnect the existing t-molex as of the hard disk. Attach the t-molex cable with the power supply of your computer and the other side with the hard disk. Then attach all the things as usual and turn on external drive and now you will find that working.

I had the same problem, my external hard drive was plugged into a USB 2.0 port, but Windows does not detect it. Here's how I arranged:
    1. Right click on My Computer> Manage
    2. Go to Disk Management
    3. Your hard drive should be there (watch the size of the disks), yours probably has no letter assigned to it.
    4. Right click on it> Change the drive letter > Add> Assign the following drive letter> Select the letter you want.

If the BIOS in your computer is outdated then that can be the reason for this problem. So what you can do is, just search for the latest BIOS update and install that in your computer. This can be one of the possible reasons for this issue and there are chances that updating BIOS will take you out of the problem. I hope this will be helpful to you.

Thank you so much for your advice but I have already updated the BIOS but the problem is still there so this is not the problem. There is something else which is not allowing the external hard drive to be detected.

It is possible that the problem is with the hard drive that you are using and not with the system. So what you can do is, just try the same disk with some other computer and see if that is working or not. If that is also not working there then it will confirm that the problem is with the hard drive that you are using and now it’s time to get a new one. I know that this is disappointing but it is the only thing that you can do for it but I wish it should not be the case.

If the cable you are using is corrupted then it may show you symptoms like this. So just get a new cable and try to connect with help of that. If it is due to corrupted cable then this time you will not get that issue.

Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? If yes then just disable that for the time and then try to connect the drive with your computer. I am saying this because I think that the antivirus which you are using is restricting the hard drive to be connected. So see if it is getting detected after disabling the antivirus. If it works then the problem is because of security of the antivirus that you are using.