Thread: After updating the BIOS internet connection lost in Toshiba Satellite C660

After updating the BIOS internet connection lost in Toshiba Satellite C660

I have Satellite C660 laptop and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. I normally use my laptop tpo do all my office related work and I use internet in my laptop to send my check my emails and some time I also play small online games. Few days back I have come to know that there is BIOS update available for my laptop and after that I have done BIOS update in my laptop and after doing the BIOS update I am not able to connect the internet from my laptop. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: After updating the BIOS internet connection lost in Toshiba Satellite C660

I have read your problem as you have said that you are not able to connect the internet in your Toshiba Satellite C660 laptop you are not able to connect the internet after updating the BIOS and after referring that I will first suggest you that you should first check whether BIOS setting is proper or not.

Have you loaded the default BIOS setting after doing the BIOS update in your laptop? If you have not load the default BIOS setting in your laptop after updating the BIOS then you have to first load the default BIOS setting and after loading the default BIOS setting you have to start the laptop again and after that check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

If you want to load the default setting of your BIOS then you have to first restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to enter in to the BIOS by pressing the F2 key and after entering in to the BIOS you have to press F9n key to load the default setting of the BIOS and after loading the default setting you have to save that and after that exit from the BIOS and after that laptop will reboot again and then check whether internet connection is proper or not.

If you are trying to use the internet with the help of the WIFI then you have to check whether WLAN is enabled or not. to enable the WLAN in your laptop you have to pres the FN key with F8 key and after that WLAN will get enable. I hope this trick will be helpful for you.

Well according to me you should try to solve this issue by troubleshooting the network problems. After doing the trouble shoot network problems you will be able to solve this issue.

If you want to troubleshoot network problems you have to follow these steps.

• First you have to make sure that Local area connection is enabled.
    • Now after that you have to right click on the network icon which you will find on the system tray icons.
    • After that you have to select the trouble shoot network problems.
    • After clicking on that it will detect all the network related issues in your laptop and after that you it will also solve the issue.
    • After troubleshooting process completes you have to try to connect the internet again and then check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

There was similar problem occurred with my laptop also and after that I first I thought that the problem is with my laptop so I tried to solve this issue in my laptop and after that I came to know that problem is with not with my laptop but the problem is with the my laptop drivers and after that I have reinstalled the drivers and after reinstalling the drivers my problem get solved. nor after installing the drivers my problem get solved.

According to me you should also try to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers and after reinstalling the drivers your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same sometime because of the drivers also this type of the problem can take place and that is why I will recommend you to go to the device manager by clicking on my computer and clicking on the properties and after opening the device manager you have to right click on the Ethernet controller devices and after that you have to uninstall the drivers and after uninstalling the drivers you have to restart your Toshiba Satellite C660 laptop and after reinstalling the laptop you have to insert the Driver CD again in your Toshiba Satellite C660 laptop and after that you have to install the drivers again and after installing the drivers you have to check whether you are able to use the internet or not. as far as I know after installing the drivers your problem will get solved.

You should also try to solve this problem by downloading the updated drivers from the internet and after that installing it in your laptop. After installing the updated drivers your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

If you want to download the drivers for the Toshiba Satellite C660 then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking on the download you have to select download the LAN drivers and wireless drivers and after that you have to install that in your laptop and your problem will get solved after that.

I have tried to fix this issue by troubleshooting the network connection and after troubleshooting the network connection also I was facing the same problem. I am not trying to connect the internet by using WIFI. I am trying to connect the internet by connecting my laptop with my modem. Reinstalling the drivers doesn’t help me also.

If anyone having the similar issue and have any solution then please helps me.

as you have mentioned that you are using Modem to connect the internet with your laptop then will suggest you to first check whether you have done all the setting properly or not. First open the network setting wizard of your modem and after that check whether all the setting is proper or not. If after that also you get the same problem then you should try to fix this problem by resetting the modem.

To reset the modem you have to press the reset button which will be located at the backside of your modem and after pressing that button your modem will get reset and your problem might get solved.

thank you for helping me. the actual problem was not my laptop but it was my modem. after referring your solution I have reset the modem and after resetting the modem when I have connected my modem with my laptop and after that when I tried to establish the internet connection at that time it get connected successfully. thank you for helping me.