Thread: How to configure the proxy for Wi-Fi in Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo

How to configure the proxy for Wi-Fi in Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo

I have bought this phone recently and using it for while it the nice and I am glad to have this phone but I have one issue that keeps bugging me since I have purchased this phone and that is the proxy setting option for Wi-Fi I was wondering any one here can assist me regarding this . I want to know how I can configure the proxy for Wi-Fi in Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo I wound be very glad to know this answer can anyone here have already configure the proxy setting for Wi-Fi if you can guide me trough I would really appreciate that

Re: How to configure the proxy for Wi-Fi in Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo

Well look like the common questions for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo user now I had came across may forums that asking the same question but no solution is yet found on this regard I am not the Xperia user but I would like to help here Can you enlighten it in more detail that what is your requirements that needed the proxy setting for the Wi-Fi then I would be able to pass this information on.

Even I am also facing the same problem and looked through the settings all of them mostly but unable to find anything. How can Sony Ericsson promote this phone as a good business phone without this aspect present in the phone?

I even had checked the Xperia_Enterprise_Connectivity.pdf whitepaper and there is no mention about proxy settings in that document

Though, I have observe a few similar proxy apps on the android market which has remarks and feedback that it’s not working, or you are necessary to have a rooted phone. Which is risky but maybe I will try this there are many apps so it is achievable to unlock the boot loader for certain releases of Sony Ericsson Android?

True man this feature is also very important to me also and I have no idea what to do this is not the complete business phone.

Quote Originally Posted by switchblade327 View Post
    Well look like the common questions for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo user now I had came across may forums that asking the same question but no solution is yet found on this regard I am not the Xperia user but I would like to help here Can you enlighten it in more detail that what is your requirements that needed the proxy setting for the Wi-Fi then I would be able to pass this information on.
    I need this feature because when I am at my office in my business place I need to browse some third party web sites on internet except intranet and for that I have to allow proxy on my device. however this choice is not available in this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    Even I am also facing the same problem and looked through the settings all of them mostly but unable to find anything. How can Sony Ericsson promote this phone as a good business phone without this aspect present in the phone?

I even had checked the Xperia_Enterprise_Connectivity.pdf whitepaper and there is no mention about proxy settings in that document

Though, I have observe a few similar proxy apps on the android market which has remarks and feedback that it’s not working, or you are necessary to have a rooted phone. Which is risky but maybe I will try this there are many apps so it is achievable to unlock the boot loader for certain releases of Sony Ericsson Android?
    It’s not good idea to please note that you might invalid the warranty of your phone if you unlock the boot loader. Sony Ericsson can then no longer take responsibility on the full functionality of your phone, and will not be accountable for any unknown custom software being flashed to the phone later than the boot loader is unlocked. Few features in your phone may stop to work, and performance may not be perfect. You may also spoil your phone permanently. In the most horrible case of unlocking the boot loader will reason of physical damage or material damage, for instance, caused by the phone overheating.

You are correct and in many cases few content on your phone might also be difficult to get due to the elimination of DRM security keys and the secure user data partition while unlocking the boot loader