Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc video compatibility

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc video compatibility

Hi, I have bought a new mobile right now as I have mentioned n the title but haven’t used it that much, but after two days I am going to trip and thus want to store some of the movies in my mobile from my collection so that I can enjoy it.

I haven’t ever transferred any videos yet thus don’t know about the video format compatibility of the mobile, thus is there anyone here who had the same mobile and had kept videos in the phone. In which format do I kept all the videos?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc video compatibility

As the mobile comprise gingerbread preloaded in the phone thus you won’t have to worry about the video format support as it has ability to support each and every format we are aware about and the one which is not compatible so for that we have too many options to play them as we can either convert them to any other format or simply make use of another application rather player to play those videos as well.

The Gingerbread platform has bring with a new media structure, which apart from support for VP8 video and WebM picture compression technologies, proposes support for formerly unconfirmed video formats, such as AAC and AMR.

Thus now you can play this formats as well in the phone.

As far as videos are concern Xperia arc supports H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8 codecs which comprise different formats mentioned below.

H.263 - 3GPP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4)

H.264 AVC - 3GPP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4). MPEG-TS (.ts, AAC audio only, not seekable, Android 3.0+)

MPEG-4 SP - 3GPP (.3gp)

VP8 - WebM (.webm)

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys and I got it in which format I have to convert them but still will you please recommend me some good converter through which I can convert the videos without losing its quality.

And while I convert the video’s is there any changes that I have to make, any further recommendation?

there are too many convertors that you can try and off course all we have our own preference thus I would like to suggest you some of the name and you can try all of them for testing and then simply use the one that gives better performance.

Free Video Converter: Convert video to AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, SWF, 3GP, DVD, MP3, iPod, iPhone, PSP, Android, rip & burn DVD, convert FLV and 200+ Input Formats. apart from this burn Blu-ray, and upload to YouTube with our free video converter.

Xilisoft Video Converter: through this software you can convert videos of all accepted formats like AVI, MPEG, WMV, , AVCHD, MKV, RM, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, MOV, XviD, 3GP, and audio MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG.

Total video converter: also converts to same format as mentioned above but very good for mobile conversions. Thus my recommendation is to have this one.

I am agree with the above user as he had mentioned you very good converters, but when it comes to convert too many video or a single video with massive size it will consume more time and thus here the best way is to have a good player in the mobile for playing those videos.

I would like to tell you about the most famous players through that you can simply play all the above mentioned format, you can try all of them.

Players:

1. arcMedia,
    2. Cubed,
    3. TuneWiki,
    4. DoubleTwist,
    5. Meridian Player Classic,
    6. MixZing
    7. Astro,
    8. Real Player,
    9. Moboplayer,
    10. RockPlayer Lite.