Thread: Is Nokia X2-01 push email really works?

Is Nokia X2-01 push email really works?

I have recently bought the Nokia X2-01and I want to ask that if the push mail feature really working for this phone or it is just wrongly communicated feature. I have seen that this feature is mentioned on the packaging as well as on the website. To my knowledge the push mail is nothing but the e-mail system that is always activated and shows you as soon as a new email comes on your configured inbox. It's satisfactory that there can be a few 5-10 minutes difference by the time email really hits the inbox and time you are informed of the same. Push mail applications run within background. But with the Nokia X2-01, it is not the case as I am not notified for any of the email. Can somebody please verify this? Thank you so much for reply in advance.

re: Is Nokia X2-01 push email really works?

I think that there is some problem with the internet connection that you are using. So make sure that you are having proper internet connection and if you don’t have that then you are surely going to get the issue like this. So just contact to the customer support of the SIM service provider and ask them for this. If this is due to lose internet connection then they will solve this problem.

I would like to tell you that nokia is working on two new solutions for the mobile operating system Symbian S60. The first one is called Nokia Email, which is I am going to talk now and the second My Nokia Backup, which as its name suggests allows us to perform backups. Nokia Email is currently in beta, and it is an application that enables us to have Push Mail on S60 terminals. For those who do not know the terminology, we speak of Push Mail when referring to a system of direct mail as soon as the mail arrives to the server which sends it to our terminal, without having to upgrade us to get to know the arrival of new mail.

I am also having the similar problem with this. There is no problem with the internet connection. There is something else with this. Please tell me some other solution for this. Sorry for not staring a new thread.

As far as know that Nokia Ovi Mail application for the Nokia X2-01 will only function if you keep open the App itself. I mean to say that you will just have to keep open the app and do not perform anything else. Let’s wait and see if there is some other advanced solution for this. Other than this, you can try to reset the phone to its default settings and see if that can help you to solve the problem.

Within the Nokia Messaging, the option for the s60 versions are in the Options>Tools>Settings>When to Sync. So try to get that on your phone or something equivalent to it and see for the settings.

Re: Is Nokia X2-01 push email really works?

Nokia EMail requires online registration service on the web, which will receive an email with a link to download an application for the mobile. Installation is very simple and the application can be used in more than a phone. The service does not provide housing for mail, allowing access to POP and IMAP accounts like Gmail, but currently does not support corporate e-mail with Hotmail or Microsoft. It is fully operational in the following Nokia phones: E51, E61, E61i, E65, E66, E71, E90, N73, N80, N81 8GB and N95 (including version 8 GB), and I remember that the application is free. Obviously the program needs to remain in the background to run, so that the synchronization options are available to download mail. Painful issue if we are not connected via WiFi or do not have flat rate for connection.

Re: Is Nokia X2-01 push email really works?

Yes that is working. I am having the same phone and it is working flawlessly. You might be having faulty unit otherwise the internet connection is not proper.So just check for that.