Thread: Unable to install usb drivers in ipod

Unable to install usb drivers in ipod

I have a laptop and an ipod at home. Currently my laptop is not recognizing my ipod. This is annoying me. When I plug in my ipod and go to the the device manager I see unknown device. When I right click on it, no drivers for this device kind of me status I get. So I have tried installing the drivers many times but all in vain. The message that comes is cannot complete the hardware update even after using the cd that I had got. I don’t know what is the issue? Now when I check the USB port for drivers when my iPod is unplugged, its shows me that there are two drivers. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Kindly people, who know regarding this, give me some advice. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to install usb drivers in ipod

I would suggest you to play with the ipod setup a little. You can also try to uninstall the itunes and reinstall it back. See does this work or no. you must also make sure that you have cleaned all the temporary files from the system. I would also like to add one thing and that is, try to reset your system settings once to a date prior to when you actually started having issues with your ipod.

I would suggest you to check the INF file to make sure that your device is listed on there.

I would suggest you to try out the following things that I have mentioned below, may be that would help you out.

• the 5 R's (Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore)
    • using the 'Add New Hardware Wizard' & pointing the Wizard to the drivers on the iTunes installation disk
    • putting the iPod in disk mode
    • rebooting after putting the iPod in disk mode
    • Re-installing iTunes (many, many times!)
    • using different USB plugs on the PC
    • using a different iPod USB wire

When you get the message looking for driver, then do the auto search,when it gives you the option to direct it to a folder to search point it toward C:\Windows\System32. I will say that send all the driver messages to C:\Windows\System32. I assume that it will load the driver and also it will recognize the ipod. I hope it works.

I think you need to install some other operating system. May be the operating system files are creating problems here. Try installing different operating system and see the difference. I hope it works.