Thread: Getting memory full error while using nimbuzz and opera mini in nokia E72

Getting memory full error while using nimbuzz and opera mini in nokia E72

I have recently purchased a nokia e72 Smartphone. I like this phone and suit my requirements very well. It has all the features that I needed. I normally use my phone for free messaging, free calling etc and for web browsing. I use nimbuzz application on my phone for free messaging and calling purpose. From yesterday I am not able to use nimbuzz and opera mini in my phone. I don’t know what is wrong with my phone. Whenever I try to use nimbuzz or opera mini I get a memory full error. I have tried to fix this issue in so many ways but I didn’t get any help. Please help me with this.

Re: Getting memory full error while using nimbuzz and opera mini in nokia E72

Even I have nokia e72 phone. Let me tell you that even I use both the applications extensively. I keep one chat open and use opera which has a simple webpage loaded. Both these applications actually take around 10 mb of ram together.

I would suggest you to reboot your phone once. Just after your phone reboots try to use both programs together. See what is happening. If the error occurs then kindly let me know does the error message occur again at that time or a little later? I think the problem is related to loading a specific web page, so that I can provide you with some different effective solutions.

I think you are facing this problem because you might not be using the latest versions of both the applications. I would suggest you if this is so, then try to use the latest version of the applications. I would suggest you to go on the website and upgrade them or download the latest versions of opera mini and nimbuzz. After downloading just install them in your phone. Remember that before installing it in your phone, make sure that you remove or un-install the previous versions of both that you were using.

Make sure that you are not having lots of many other programs on your phone. I would suggest you to try running those programs once. If your other programs are running fine then I suspect that the issue is related to opera mini and nimbuzz, or else this problem is having because you are not having enough ram to use them.

I would suggest you to install the latest firmware in your nokia e72. You can download the latest firmware by just visiting the official website of nokia. After downloading just install it in your phone. I think upgrading would resolve the issue of yours for sure. You can also search the latest firmware for your phone on the internet. I would say that just google around on the internet and you will find many searches. My friend had some issue with his nokia e72, he also just tried to update the firmware and his problem got solved. Many a times, updating firmware solves many small issues also.

I would like to ask you few questions like do you use nimbuzz for chat or for some other voip functions? I would like to details of what other programs are running on your phone?

I would say that if you are running any anti-virus kind of things or program that starts automatically without asking you then try to turn it off. Many a times this is the cause. I actually myself had a nokia N8. I used have similar sort of problems. Someone told me to turn of the virus checker program, I switched it off and my problem got resolved. So even I would suggest you the same. I hope it works.

I wonder if there is a bug in opera and nimbuzz which is installed in your phone. It could also be the issue of ram. I would suggest you to get a program that can help you in monitoring the ram levels. For this I would suggest you to install phonetinfo. You can download the free version 3.2.0 on http://www.patrickfrei.ch/phonetinfo/

Try to remove nimbuzz application for testing purpose. Then reboot your phone. after that I would say that install phonetinfo application. Once you have installed this application, try to run it. On the HAL tab, you will see that free ram is listed. This is listed under size of free ram. Then try to monitor and record the ram level. Then try to reboot the phone and as I suppose your phone must have roughly 40mb of space free. Re-install and configure nimbuzz application. I would say that now run both the applications together and even try to run some other programs simultaneously. See the free ram when you see the memory full error. Quit all the programs and wait for some seconds. Now again check the free ram. If you see that the ram level is not shooting back then I suppose that there is some memory leak problem. After this the best thing that you can do is, you can report the bug to the nimbuzz and find some other programs.

Do you have a memory card inserted in the phone? I think there could be some problem regarding the memory car. Check your memory card.