Thread: Nokia N8 battery drains quicker after upgraded to anna OS

Nokia N8 battery drains quicker after upgraded to anna OS

– Hi, I am using nokia N8 from last 4 months and it was working perfectly without any hesitation, but since I have updated its firmware to anna operating system I have started getting problem with the battery consumption.

And this sudden change actually made me confused as whether the device has some problem with the software or any hardware., is there any other user having same problem with their N8.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Nokia N8 battery drains quicker after upgraded to anna OS

I think there could be some problem in the firmware you have installed in your mobile, because as far as I know anna is quite better than we were having previous one in our mobile. and I have also updated the same OS in my N8 and its works superb then it was ever. But still I am not sure whether there is any problem with your firmware or not because it might be possible that it could be any hardware problem as well. thus you should test both of them for sure.

You can simply try to reset the phone so that all the previous cache would be deleted from the mobile and it will work perfectly, I am suggesting this because according to me its always better to start from the software rather than hardware.

Together with this don’t forget to take backup of your all the data or else you may lose It after making hard resetting.

I am agree with the above user but still I would like to tell you that you should try to make sure that the battery and the charger that you are using is perfectly ok, and that you can test it by using alternate battery and charger, thus if suppose you are still getting same problem with another charger and batter as well that means there is surely some problem with the firmware you have installed rather the problem is in you accessories and you must have to replace them for sure.

I was also having the same problem, but after searching the internet and after such a huge effort I came to know that there was problem because of the application that I had installed in the mobile and that was actually consuming extra power. But after deleting those applications it was working perfectly.

And for identifying the application you can simply look at the third party application because they are the only threat that can cause such a problem in the mobile.

I think you should try to install the same firmware again in your mobile, because there could be some problem in the one you have installed.

one of my friend said that it would be better if I came to nokia care center and claim the warranty If there is any hardware issue. But how can I determine whether there is any such issue or not?

Or that would be really very good option?

you should try to visit the service center for the problem if you are not getting the actual problem because see if you done anything on your own and if that make any changes in the current stat that will cause more problem, and If you made any physical damage to the existing accessories than you may have to pay for that. And you can even claim the warranty for that particular product.

And actually your friend is right because though you are not getting but still they will tell you about the actual threat for sure, and that’s why they are appointed by the way, they are supposed to do this.