Thread: After updating to Symbian Anna my nokia N8 is restarting automatically

After updating to Symbian Anna my nokia N8 is restarting automatically

I am using nokia N8 and it was working just fine, but when I updated to Symbian anna I got a serious problem with my this device. Now, it is restarting automatically. I have tried all the things that I was able to. I did hard reset, reinstall, and even flash firmware, but none of them made any change. My phone is still restarting automatically. Please, help me to get out of this problem. If you know any way so that this problem can be fixed then please reply. I am not able to understand the reason behind this issue. It is the most annoying thing that I experienced with this phone. Please, suggest me something.

Re: After updating to Symbian Anna my nokia N8 is restarting automatically

I have also near about same problem with my Nokia N8. It was just fine before I did a symbian update. Now, whenever I try to play music it automatically restarts. I am just fed up of this and it irritates me a lot. If anyone has solution for this then please, provide me that. It’s really very urgent.

Here is a working solution for both of you. I was also having these kind of issues after updating to Symbian Anna, but I succeded to fix the issue of automatic restart of Nokia N8. If 3G is turned on then just try turning it off and then tell me if you have fixed the issue. I am sure it will work for both of you beacasue, I have tried this on my friends devices also and I succeded with their devices also. You should also give it a try.

I have also the same issue with my Nokia N8. I didn’t got any problem during when I was updating to Symbian Anna. But, after that it is restarting automatically. It happens many times in a day and sometimes it restarts 5 times in an hour or even more. It irritates me a lot, especially when it resrarts during a call. I tried inserting different sim cards so I don’t think sim card may be the problem. And also I cannot see emails in the email widget on the screen. And as you said, I also tried to turn off 3G. that also didn’t made any difference.

I have also the same issue with my Nokia N8. I didn’t got any problem during when I was updating to Symbian Anna. But, after that it is restarting automatically. It happens many times in a day and sometimes it restarts 5 times in an hour or even more. It irritates me a lot, especially when it resrarts during a call. I tried inserting different sim cards so I don’t think sim card may be the problem. And also I cannot see emails in the email widget on the screen. And as you said, I also tried to turn off 3G. that also didn’t made any difference.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I solved my problem with my phone by just turning off 3G. I was also having this problem when I updated to Symbian Anna, when I tried to play a song it was restarting automatically. But, now it is fixed after turning off 3G. Everyone who has the same problem should try this.

I updated to Symbian Anna three days before and now my nokia N8 is restarting automatically. My N8 restarts at least once in every two or three days, when I get any text message or a miss call. If I leave this auto restart problem then I would say, Symbian Anna is really great. But, I will feel little better if I fix this auto restart problem in my Nokia N8. Also, I want to add here that I never use 3G, I normally use edge, therefore, my 3G is not turned on. Any of you have got any fix for this issue?

It worked for me, turning off 3G has solved my problem. My nokia N8 was restarting again and again. Now, it seems that it is fixed, it is not restarting now. I hope nokia notices this and does something about this. It is really a very annoying thing.

Your Nokia N8 is restarting automatically; it is not your phone’s issue. It is the issue with the Symbian Anna software. I have 2 Nokia E7 and both got this problem of auto restart after I updated to Symbian Anna. I think there must be a bug in this software. However, I solved this issue and here is what I did. Just restart your device in gsm mode and after it restarted then change the it to dual mode. It worked for my both phones. I hope it works for everyone.

I have seen many posts about this issue with Nokia N8 and I have found that just switching to GSM didn’t helped to stop this auto restart issue. I have got to know that there is something wrong with the connection in this device and in order to keep connection it is causing the auto restarting your device. I hope this issue gets fixed the in the next OS update.

I am searching for the solution for this problem from last three days, since my Nokia N8 got this issue of restarting again and again automatically after updating to Symbian Anna. My phone is restarting three to four times per hour. I uninstalled everything from my phone. I tried doing a soft reset first and then even hard reset but didn’t got any progress. Then I tried re-flashing my Nokia N8, and then also I didn’t rescued from this issue, though now it is less frequent but now also it restarts at least 2 times daily.

Arrow Re: After updating to Symbian Anna my nokia N8 is restarting automatically

RE |: Recently I have installed the update version of ANNA via. Ovi,
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    SOLUTION :
    There must be an error on your simcard or sd-card.

Nokia N8 doesn't switch of when you take out the sim-card and sd card.
    www.europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate
    =========================
    see video : http://youtu.be/ADIj1U2m9z4

update ? : Symbian Anna
    Software version 024.001
    Date : 2011-07-29
    Version :024.001.229.02
    product : 059C640
    Model : N8-00
    =====================================================
    HOW TO UPDATE ?
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...e/can-i-update

*) Update over-the-air
    Many devices allow you to check and install the software updates directly over-the-air by using 3G/GPRS or WLAN data connection. Go to SW Update menu where you can check the available updates and install them.

Alternatively, you can type in the command *#0000# and select Options > Check for updates.
    ===========================================
    PROBLEM : NOKIA N8 SWITCHES OFF MANY TIMES A DAY !
    ===========================================

THE ANNA UPDATE made the Nokia N8 confused,
    The Symbian Anna update is faster if all your programms are in the right file.

The old files are changed and the new links to the software on the N8 are sometimes errors in the system.

Nokia made an update, but you have to turn of the bugs and errors.
    XXX errors are made by a redirect or re-link

WHAT CAN YOU DO ? Delete all your files from the SD card ?

Delete all errors on the Nokia N8.
    the F: AND H: DRIVE BY CONNECTING TO THE PC/LAPTOP with a usb cable !

How ?
    If you still experience problems, you can try if formatting your Nseries device helps. Format your device by dialling *#7370#. The device will request a security code, the default code is 12345 unless you have changed it.

Note that formatting will delete all user data from the device memory so always make a back-up to a memory card or use Nokia PC Suite.

A new update for Symbian Anna-update 1/2 and 2/2 and Social are possible now !
    7166kb + 3351kb + 3415kb.
    USE Wifi (somewhere) and take out your SD card and SIM card to update again !
    The updat(s) will take a few minutes !
    confirm the Microsoft Communicator & Nokia Corporation licence agreement !
    Last edited by GODOGOOD Internation; 20-09-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Hi, even i am facing the same problem and worst thing is my phone is just stuck on re-starting mode, can't able to change from 3g to other mode.... need some more suggestions please....

Quote Originally Posted by unparfaithomme View Post
    Hi, even i am facing the same problem and worst thing is my phone is just stuck on re-starting mode, can't able to change from 3g to other mode.... need some more suggestions please....
    For Nokia N8 the latest operating system that is being released as of now is Symbian Belle. I think you must have done something wrong while updating your phone from the nokia servers. You should download the Nokia software updater software from their and then connect your mobile to the pc and start nokia software updater to update os on your phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"