Thread: i-Tune songs won’t play in other application

i-Tune songs won’t play in other application

Hi everyone, I have download some music’s from i-Tune. However this songs is well played in i-Tune, but whenever I try to play that songs or music’s in other application like DivX, VLC, WMP etc. it won’t works. why so I don’t know , so guys is there any application I need to install for making that music file application independent or it is some kind of internal problems, I’m very confused and worry about this issue, so guys if you have information about my i-Tune music’s not working in other application then please suggest your kind information.

Re: i-Tune songs won’t play in other application

I have visited sites, for getting the solution for your query. All I have find the information that Apple has the protection for its file, so that It can’t be access by any other application, so according to me this files which you are trying to play in other application is already protected by the apple. That may be the reason for not allowing the file to play on other application.

Whatever you are downloading from the i-Tune store, they directly consolidated in the Library. So if you need to store that file in other folder then you can simply drag that and drop it at your desire location wherever you want to move that file. However I think that movies file can be play in VLC and QuickTime player also. And there is no chances for movies file to run in DivX player since it encode the file. Hence if you have this DivX then you can’t play the file in this, so that file can only be access in i-Tune.

I have one simple solution for your problems, but I have not try this but may be it work for you, since it is clearly known that movies are more often than not merge in the iTunes library but somewhat live in the Movies folder so if your DRM allow you to play your movie file, then you can allow to convert your movies to play in other device.

May it happen that whatever you are trying to play in other devices or application may not be support file format you want to play to the specific application? Since apple gives protection to its file so may he convert that downloaded file in its own format, which can only understand and access by its own application and not in other application.

As the function of i-Tune is that they merge the files in the library, whatever you download all get merge by i-Tune in order to consolidate that. However on the other hand due to DRM it gives permission for those file which is already store in Library. However you can drag that file and drop it in other folder, and then try to play that in other application, may this allow you to play the multimedia file in any of the player.