Thread: There is unexplained and persistent shut down in hp laptop

There is unexplained and persistent shut down in hp laptop

I have an hp laptop at my home. My laptop is not loading. Actually my laptop was working fine. I don’t know what has happened that my laptop has stopped working. My laptop did not get hit anywhere, it just stopped doing anything. I have seen that even if I connect the battery with the ac plug, my system doesn’t respond to that. I can see that there is some small light that indicates that the system is plugged but as soon as I press the button to switch the laptop, the system gets dead. I have removed the battery and even I have bought a new battery but nothing has helped me yet. I want to know that how I can make the laptop to work fine.

Re: There is unexplained and persistent shut down in hp laptop

Well I have read the whole query of yours. I would like to know the model number of the laptop, so that I can help you out much effectively. If you will let us know the model number, it will help us to refer the specifications of your system. I think that as you have mentioned above, it seems that the AC power cord sound is perfect. As you say that you have got a new battery but did you make sure that the battery was fully charged when you had purchased it?

I would suggest you to hard reset the laptop. I suspect the problem is with the motherboard or the battery. But as you say that the battery is new so I more doubt on the motherboard

Well I suspect that there is a hardware failure that has occurred. I think you need to check the hard disk of your laptop. I would recommend you to unplug the hard disk from the back side of the laptop and get it checked. It is quite likely that the hard disk has got corrupted. You can purchase a new hard drive for your laptop. I would suggest that if you want to or have to buy a hard drive then try to visit any computer shop near your place. You can get it fixed by them. I hope this will resolve your problem.

It is possible that your laptop has been seriously affected by a virus. I think you must be knowing that Viruses have the ability to destroy the laptop. I would suggest you to always keep the antivirus solution active. Make sure that it is running all the time in the background. If you don’t use a anti-virus then I must say that start doing it. You can search for the antivirus needs and uses. They protect the computer from external attacks. There are many anti-virus solutions available on the internet. Just search on the google website and get it downloaded. I would recommend you to go for the free avg one. I use avg antivirus and I must say that it is really very good and it has been protecting and serving my system very well from past many years.

I think that the issue is related to overlocking. I think because of overlocking your system is getting shutdown. I hope your fan is working fine.

I think you should check the ram in your system. I have faced similar kind of problems in the past. I think you should check that for sure. I think your ram has got corrupted due to which you facing this problem. I had gone to the hardware shop and they told me that there were some issues with my ram and I need to change it. I got it changed and my problem got resolved.

I think there is some overheating issue that you are having. Then I think there could be problem of thermal grease between the cpu and heatsink. This thermal grease is a main thing in between the cpu and heatsink which helps the cpu to not get heated faster. I hope that you are running proper fan. Just check it whether it is running properly or no.

I suppose that this is a power supply issue. Every component present inside the laptop requires proper voltage. If there is no power supply then it is obvious that your laptop won’t boot up and work properly. I think there could be some problems with the motherboard. I would suggest you to take your laptop to the hardware shop and get the motherboard checked.

I would suggest you to try to format the system. Try to install an operating system. I am not sure whether you will be able to do that or no as you have mentioned but if you are able to do that then I think it would be good. It is likely that there are some corrupt files present in the laptop which is creating this problem.

I think that you should contact the Hp customer support team. You can visit their workshop and ask them to help you in this issue. Explain them the problem that you are facing. They are expert people and they any how will provide with better assistance. I am sure that your problem will after that get resolved.