Thread: Need help in receiving and sending pictures in text messages-Sprint

Need help in receiving and sending pictures in text messages-Sprint

I have bought a Photon 2 weeks ago and now the problem i am facing is that Whenever i am receiving a message including a picture then i am receiving a message from '9000' which shows me a mobile no but no a name and tells me to click on a Sprint picture mail website link in order to view the photo and when i click on that link a website opens and i am very well able to view the picture as well but then i am not able to reply the sender as i am getting the message from '9000' is there any way to reply the sender back?

Re: Need help in receiving and sending pictures in text messages-Sprint

Before i suggest you anything just answer me whether you are located in United states? and if your answer is basically yes then i think your photon might be in the Sprint CDMA network until you get yourself authorize in order to allow GSM usage right there and just go into setting> wireless & networks> mobile networks and check whether it says CDMA or not and if you find something different other than CDMA then there might be some other problem so you might need to call Sprint in order to check your data and messaging plans.

Even i am using photon and have almost the same problem but i have already called the Sprint guys and they gave me this MSL code ##3282# later i followed the given instruction of selecting the "MMS" and then Deleting the numbers which are in "MMSC Proxy" and "MMSC Port" and restarted my phone again but i don't think it had worked because i am still not able to reply the sender as i still get the text from "9000 number" i don't think i have had skipped any steps.Is there any other way out sort this out or do you think i have missed any steps

As far as i remember that process you have not missed any steps your problem should have been solved out by that process as it had solved mines when i had the same problem quite a few months back,any ways you can just try the following as well and just check ih this might work for you.Just change your network to "automatic" and Restart you phone after changing it.This should surely work for you if you have a proper plan and just for a check are you using any add on applications like Google voice or any other app because sometime even they result to mislead in such cases.

Even i am facing the same problem and i have also tried changing the network to automatic and i don't even use "Google voice" i just use application for weather and news and i have even tried using the 'handscent' messaging application as well thinking that it may help me in solving my problem.I have also tried all the suggestion above and have yet not found a proper solution to sot it out and by now i am just so tired of facing this problem and still with a hope to find a solution for it so any further suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.