Thread: Microsoft Communicator on mac OS X 10.7 GM lion crashes

Microsoft Communicator on mac OS X 10.7 GM lion crashes

I have a Microsoft communicator at home. I am using it since few months. I like communicator a lot and I am enjoying every bit of it. I am running my communicator on OS X 10.7 GM. I am having issues with this. I want to know that does anybody have communicator running on this version. When I try to send IM, communicator crashes that time. When I send an IM to a person, he receives the IM but my application crashes and I have to reload the application back. I don’t know what is wrong happening? I am really very much annoyed. Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Microsoft Communicator on mac OS X 10.7 GM lion crashes

Well I have gone through your post. I can understand that this really very annoying. Let me tell you that Microsoft has released an update for this communicator that is running on mac OS X 10.7 GM lion version. This update is released to address the crash issue faced in the Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) when sending an instant message. You must go for this update. But for this update you must have Microsoft Communicator 13.1 update or later one. If you don’t have any of these updates then you must get it. You can get the 13.1 and 13.1.1 updates via the Microsoft AutoUpdate utility (MAU) which can be used by selecting Check for Updates from the Help menu in any Office for Mac application. I hope this works.

I would like to ask you that have you installed the Communicator update for Mac OS X Lion. Please let me know in the next post so that I can help you out much effectively to resolve the query.

There is a problem in sending message via communicator if you are running on this OS X 10.7 GM lion. I would suggest you to get this OS X 10.6.8 version because communicator does not crash on OS X 10.6.8 version.

I would suggest you to get the mac 2011 12.1.2 update. This update fixes critical issues in Communicator 2011. After updating to this version you will face any rebooting problem after sending IM. You can download this update by visiting the Microsoft website. Search for the file Communicator13.1.2_ALL.dmg and get it downloaded. The size of the file is around 25 mb.

I think you must update the version. The best would be that consult the dealer from where you have bought it. Ask him to guide you out to resolve your problem. You can also the call the customer support to help you.