Thread: will Dell know whether my alienware is refurbished one or not

will Dell know whether my alienware is refurbished one or not

I have just bought a refurbished m17x r2 alien ware I am thinking that will dell know about this? My system looks completely new so I want to know will this be creating any problem to me please help me and tell me if anyone over here has experienced any such problem I really want to know about this. And also tell me can the new name plate be bought by dell just be calling them?

Re: will Dell know whether my alienware is refurbished one or not

I think that they would get to know that for sure because your service tag would be linked to their data base has been refurbished. And why would it look old? There is nothing like if you are refurbishing your alien ware that it should be looking an old one there is nothing like this. They can have a look of a brand new one still and from inside also they wouldn’t have not been using all the refurbish and some of them has been purchased new so they won’t be looking old one.

Ok so I would be sharing up my personal view with this and would be saying that the Refurbished system has been came up with the same warranty and they have been used by dell with no different than the refurbished once. And you can also extend the warranty with some of these schemes and you can know about that by calling them and then the only difference you would be able to find out that for what you paid would be having a sticker on the bottom which has been stating refurbished and this is how you can note down the difference between them. And this has been a easy task there is nothing so tough to get it for the manufacturers because they have been dealing with it from number of times and so they know everything about it.

If that’s the only thing I don’t think you need to work very hard or do something that can take years or would be impossible to remove that sticker just remove that sticker and I think the work is done.

This is very easy to the manufacturer to know about that because they have a complete detail about the product and this would be a tough deal to fool them this is my personal view about this because I am having a good experience about this, once what happened was I had some problem in my laptop and this was very irritating and the service center was too far away from my home and so I thought to get it done with one of friend who does the repairing for computer and he dint did much of work over it just opened it and then removed the ram and rubbed it and then inserted it again and my laptop started working but once when this time I needed the service I went to the service center and this time they simply asked me that this laptop has been opened once before and they are not having any previous record for this laptop repairing so it means that this process has been done somewhere outside and this created a problem to me so I think that they can know about it very easily.